No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Dane
  • 1 Post By B-NICE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2019, 06:28 PM

Default Have you been into PDFs long?

Hey guys and gals. Itís been about 5 Years since I left the hobby. Iíve searched dendroboard and Iím wondering if things have slowed down or do I remember this place busier than it really was? Lots of new frogs and plenty of the originals. Definitely considering getting back into the hobby.

Iíd love to hear from your perspective, if youíve been in the hobby awhile. How are things now? Whatís been the biggest changes since Iíve been away?
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Mod

Default Re: Have you been into PDFs long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylow View Post
Hey guys and gals. Itís been about 5 Years since I left the hobby. Iíve searched dendroboard and Iím wondering if things have slowed down or do I remember this place busier than it really was? Lots of new frogs and plenty of the originals. Definitely considering getting back into the hobby.

Iíd love to hear from your perspective, if youíve been in the hobby awhile. How are things now? Whatís been the biggest changes since Iíve been away?
The biggest changes in the past 5 years have been a significant migration to FB or similar social media outlets, and a HUGE influx of new available species. Regardless, this is still the best place for reasonable and well-informed dart frog discussion, and unlike FB, here you are more than welcome to overtly post animals for sale with (gasp!) listed prices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dane For This Useful Post:
laylow (05-13-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 05:03 PM

Also unlike FB, there's a record here of the changes in the hobby. I bet it would be fun to look at really old threads about, I don't know, viv size recommendations from fifteen years ago and then some recent threads.

I know I bump into old threads about how some frog (vanzolinii was the one I noticed lately) is really hard to get a hold of, and now they're quite common in the hobby. It gives a nice perspective to a newcomer on how things got the way they are.

On a less meditative note, decent off the shelf LED lighting is now the standard, although that may have been almost the case five years ago.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:46 PM

I think everyone went from small tanks to large tanks. The more common frogs are harder to come by.
Encyclia likes this.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-NICE View Post
I think everyone went from small tanks to large tanks. The more common frogs are harder to come by.
Interesting comments, B-NICE. I have noticed that it is tougher to get ahold of nominal leucs and azureus than it used to be. Which species/morphs did you have in mind when you posted this?

Mark
Old 05-13-2019, 08:15 PM

In Europe there has not been a legal Import Tinctorius from suriname in a few years now. Also most Pumilio are very hard to find here.

I guess it is the same for your country cause of the export stop from the frogs native lands?
laylow (05-13-2019)
Old Today, 09:22 PM

I made my way back here after a long break from the hobby, like you. DB is definitely not as active as it was five years ago. None the less, DB is still the best source of information PDF related material out there hands down.

Welcome back!