Dendroboard banner

What do you guys think of this?

814 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Ed 
#1 ·
I am still building my 18 x 18 x 24 exoterra tall tank for my two azureus and just wondered if this would work: I have no intention on doing this i am just informing myself and may act based on feedback. Mark Pepper offers some delightful cb treefrogs. Would a species like phyllomedusa tomopterna be able to co habitate with them or is this a bad idea?

#2 ·
This would be a bad idea for a couple reasons. 18x18x24=34 gallons. Full grown azureus are going to want every inch of that viv for themselves and so would the tomopterna. Competing for space adds a considerable amount of stress that could ultimately lead to the death of frogs. Also, tomopternas are nocturnal as the azureus are diurnal. This could add more stress especially when feeding as they both have different feeding times. Last but not least, although an adult azureus may be able to eat a 1/4" cricket, too many will stress them out. Having 2 different kinds of food in the tank (crickets, fruit flies) is very hard on the frogs.

#5 ·
Azureus will actually climb a whole tank if it is done right. I too thought they would not climb, but the more and more i researched them the more i saw them at all heights of vivariums.

In all honesty, knowing how much tree frogs can be pigs and will put most anything in to their mouths I would not put them with dart frogs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.