Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 07:03 PM

Default Who keeps Mannophryne trinitatis?

As it says really, did a search on here- D'world, and yahoo, only really came up with AJC's site.

If you keep them, any chance of some pics? Tempted by a pair of these just for the call...!
Really want to see setups, to work out building a palludarium- unless anyone can suggest any other daytime active species.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2008, 07:09 PM

I've got a trio and a few dozen tads from them which came from AJC last april 8) AWESOME little frogs no pics but they are super fast :lol:

Simple setup for them aquarium with a coue inches of water some house bricks and pothos ops: works for them tho which is what matters.

These are the original BDG line which where probably the only ones kept pure to the island race but I'm sure if alan sees this he will add to the little info I can give.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:54 PM

Cool, cheers Paul.

Silly question- is the call nice, or over loud / annoying? All my herps are in my room, so dont want them over loud. Currently have Auratus, Vents, and FBT's all calling away!

Is either these guys, or tricolors i'm looking at next (given up trying to find pumilio from a private breeder).

Will you be selling any of your froglets? Only reason I ask is your alot closer to me than Alan.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:32 AM

I have some aswell. Both mine and Alan's originate from Dean James (UK). They are the pure line from Trinidad. I have a pure line of M. olmonae from Tobago aswell. They are very similar species.

I currently have a group of 3.4 which have produced 60+ froglets in the last couple of months. I also have alot of amelanistic froglets which is probably caused by inbreeding for about 10 years. There's another line kept by a zoo in the UK but so far they didn't seem interested in swapping bloodlines with Dean's group. I hope they will agree some day because some new blood would be great.

I think they are really nice frogs. Somewhat shy but very active during the day and calling alot.

Remco
Old 02-12-2008, 09:40 AM

Loud isn't the word :lol: Houses are built from Bricks and morter over here not wood and plaster board but I can hear these guys in my bedroom which is up a flight of stairs and on the other side of the house :lol:

I find it nice to hear others find it annoying I guess it's personal taste if you turn the volume way up on the PC when you're watching alans podcast you'll hear something like their call 8)