Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 05:02 AM
Administrator

Default Epipedobates (Allobates) zaparo: Video

Nice video of Epipedobates zaparo from Lee Hancock. I've always like Epipedobates and felt that they were underrated in comparison to boring frogs such as Dendrobates pumilio. These are much more active and interesting, as this video shows well:

Lee tells me:

The tank is a 40 gallon breeder fish tank housing four A. Zaparo juveniles. I only have one confirmed male at the moment but I'm assuming the rest may be female as they have no territorial reaction to recorded calls at all. The tank is setup to allow the parents to transport and raise the young with several bowers and a large pool of water running down the entire center section of the tank.

More...