Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Species > Epipedobates
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2019, 09:05 PM

Default E. Anthonyi Not calling after rehouse

Hello I recently rehoused my 3 E. Anthonyi from their old 45x45x45 to a smaller 30x30x45. I was planning to scape their old enclosure then return them to it however I much prefer them in this smaller tank I can see them more I like the design, maintenance is easier and it means they can go on my thumbnail shelf! obviously I’d rather them happy than me My life being easier but I don’t know what is wrong it’s heavily planted with the height of the tank turned into an upper level of floor space with cork bark, to account for their more terrestrial lifestyle, so they haven’t really lost much in the way of walking space. 10 gallons is recommended for small groups and 30x30x45 are used by others in the hobby with small groups like mine, as it’s volume is roughly 10gallons. All environmental perimeters are good 90% humidity 73f temp.
But still concern is calling, it seems to have stopped since they went in a week ago. which has never happened for any other frog or whenever they have been moved before. normally they call no matter where they are temporarily enclosure or not. I haven’t bread them before but they did used to call (a lot)and I regularly found unfertilised eggs. I’ve now added some bromeliads and they are eating fine. I’m just looking for people’s opinions on if they are still adjusting or perhaps something could be wrong?