Opportunity - Page 2 - Dendroboard
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Miscellaneous > Dendroboard.com Feedback, Help Desk & Questions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1745 View Post
This was removed from the search on purpose. Its a frogs site and folks who are here for the purpose of the site did not like scrolling through the endless off-topic threads.
Ya I remember the original justification...it was kinda weak then, and now considering how much this has actually ended up annoying many of us... it is weaker now (IMO). A lot of us don't like it. It is a forum...yes frogs are the focus, but generally people just don't go to meet other froggers or people of similar interest to just talk about that 1 interest in that place.

Are frogs the only talk at frog meetings, or do people BS about sports, beer, girls, anime, politics, religion, etc..etc...?

My guess is people like meeting people of like mind, and then getting to know those people?....part of the entire concept/purpose of a forum. Restricting it that much, limits its potential.... Having the option to turn it on/off would at least be nice if that is possible.

How about a vote at least on some of these issues? I can go with the flow, but knowing that for sure, that is in fact the flow... would be nice.

We all just had to kinda eat it when our idea of what Dendroboard should or could be didn't match up with what the owner and a handful of mods and the people closest to them in the hobby thought it should be. That is no longer the case. To be fair overall you guys did a good job but it was annoying when we you would be like..
"This is a frog forum, this is what a frog forum is for...take your other interests somewhere else. We aren't going to help facilitate building relationships with people on this board unless it is frog related"

No that wasn't the exact wording, but that is how I think it came off at times.

Anyways, sorry...I'm tired and cranky
Groundhog likes this.
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Dedicated Supporter

Dave, you`re wasting your time. Kyle is gone and it looks like his replacement has better things to do than address his MANY unhappy members.
I actually sent Yungster a pm about a week ago nicely asking him to please check into the Feedback and Question forum. No response either way.

John
Old 07-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Administrator

I don't agree with adding them back to the search and I would suspect a change of that nature would be left to the moderation team.

I have raised the concern on addressing some of the technical issues and questions from my contacts. With that said some of the requests are not technically easy or possible without coding and I would not expect them to modify the product much as it them becomes difficult to support. Some of the reasons these items were not in place already.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Dedicated Supporter

Quote:
I don't agree with adding them back to the search and I would suspect a change of that nature would be left to the moderation team.

I have raised the concern on addressing some of the technical issues and questions from my contacts. With that said some of the requests are not technically easy or possible without coding and I would not expect them to modify the product much as it them becomes difficult to support. Some of the reasons these items were not in place already.
What moderation team?
This place is now a joke. Give my best to Mr Yungster if he ever decides to show up.

John
Old 07-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Dedicated Supporter

Quote:

As a programmer I agree this is somewhat the case, but also as a programmer (in the case of including TD and Lounge in search results) I know that adding a check box to a page and including the value of that check box into an SQL query isn't that much of a programming or support nightmare - especially what with a whole company now in place for "support".
Dendro Dave, frogface and Gamble like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisK For This Useful Post:
Dendro Dave (07-11-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:

Each of us is entitled to our opinion, but what concerns me most is the opinion of the much larger community as a whole seems to get ignored or we just assume it is the same as ours.

A core group of people may not want those posts showing up in search, but what about the other thousands of people that are members here or pop in from time to time?

It is important to keep the core active membership happy, but we can't just ignore the other hundreds or thousands of people.

It may be that the vast majority don't want the lounge/TD added back to the search function, or some of the other proposed changes done...

So why not vote on some of this stuff?

I'm willing to eat it when it is me vs the world...but I don't like having to eat it when it is me vs 5 guys that have a lot of pull and the rest of the community be damned.
ChrisK and Gamble like this.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:50 PM

More suggestions:

DB Changelog:
A thread, (or some similar way of communicating to members), where the admin/programmer can address recent changes/bug fixes/suggestions that have been addressed. There have been TONS of suggestions in this thread. Some of which have been said to be fairly easy to code. Have any of changes been implemented based on the changes?

"Go to first unread" button
Self-explanatory? The go to last post button is so... meh. If i'm following a thread i don't want to skip posts, I want to go to the first unread one.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypostatic View Post
"Go to first unread" button
Self-explanatory? The go to last post button is so... meh. If i'm following a thread i don't want to skip posts, I want to go to the first unread one.
That one already exists... it is the arrow pointing down to the left of the thread's title.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:25 PM

OH

I didn't even notice that was a button haha
JPccusa likes this.