General observation - Dendroboard
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Miscellaneous > Dendroboard.com Feedback, Help Desk & Questions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 11:21 PM
TWI/ASN

Default General observation

I had thought that a major reason for the new layout of dendroboard, and for the new features, was to make things simpler.

Recent controversies have made me wonder whether in fact the mods' jobs have become much more difficult, and that a lot more time is spent on petty bickering than on talking frogs. Is this true?

I remain a benevolent (and frankly, largely contented) skeptic of the sexy new improvements to dendroboard.

Best to all.

-NP
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2009, 11:30 PM

Default Re: General observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaull View Post
I had thought that a major reason for the new layout of dendroboard, and for the new features, was to make things simpler.

Recent controversies have made me wonder whether in fact the mods' jobs have become much more difficult, and that a lot more time is spent on petty bickering than on talking frogs. Is this true?

I remain a benevolent (and frankly, largely contented) skeptic of the sexy new improvements to dendroboard.

Best to all.

-NP
I was under the impression that it was to make the peoples lives who run this easer
Brian
Old 03-25-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaull View Post

Best to all.

-NP
I agree completely. It seems to me that the few months after i joined and before the redesign were much more peaceful. What is going on?

1.0.2 leucomelas

Old 03-26-2009, 02:17 AM
Administrator

The larger redesign was almost forced by the lack of support for the old forum software. While it is still a good free product it was difficult to support and offer the features that many cared about. This software is pretty much the standard purchased software for larger forums and much easier to support. We made a decent financial investment in software. Each software has plus and minuses and there is no perfect solution, in my opinion this was the best option, and thus far has proven its worth.

I do not attest the recent issues to the site software itself but to a large influx in new members as well as things like the later part of winter and etc. People are edgy and this is also the time of year when the site gets a little busier than normal.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:18 AM
TWI/ASN

Hey Kyle,

You may well be right. I'm actually pretty used to the new site now; I just feel bad for the mods, whose jobs (it seems to an outsider) have become more difficult.

If you guys are happy with it, then that's great.