Classifieds - Dendroboard
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Miscellaneous > Dendroboard.com Feedback, Help Desk & Questions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By cam1941
  • 1 Post By carola1155
  • 1 Post By whatnowcustoms
  • 1 Post By Scott
  • 1 Post By Kalle
  • 1 Post By Kalle
  • 2 Post By Kalle
  • 2 Post By Ed
  • 2 Post By cam1941
  • 3 Post By JPP
  • 1 Post By Ed
  • 1 Post By Woodswalker
  • 1 Post By jarteta97

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2017, 02:59 AM
Heat2Glo's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 44
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Classifieds

How come I'm only allowed to see a few frog classifications and not all like I used to before?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2017, 03:03 AM
evolvstll77's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: s.ca
Posts: 85
Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Because of human nature there are people out there that want to take advantage of folks. Need a 25 post minimum now to see marketplace. Along with enough time once you have the posts for the admins to approve
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2017, 03:04 AM
Heat2Glo's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 44
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Well that sucks but Its understandable thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2017, 03:57 AM
cam1941's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 843
Thanks: 7
Thanked 59 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

You're not far away in terms of posts and your coming up on a year so you'll probably be able to see the classifieds very soon.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2017, 04:01 AM
Heat2Glo's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 44
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1941 View Post
You're not far away in terms of posts and your coming up on a year so you'll probably be able to see the classifieds very soon.


That'll be great hopefully soon lol. Thanks though.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2017, 04:13 AM
cam1941's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 843
Thanks: 7
Thanked 59 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Keep in mind that we've been getting a ton of these threads about this exact complaint and its usually from people with 2 posts that signed up yesterday.

No one knows the wait time but I would bet that its not a whole year.
Scott likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2017, 04:25 AM
Heat2Glo's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 44
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1941 View Post
Keep in mind that we've been getting a ton of these threads about this exact complaint and its usually from people with 2 posts that signed up yesterday.

No one knows the wait time but I would bet that its not a whole year.


I will of thought the same but I search it and nothing came up so that's why I was asking.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2017, 01:40 PM
carola1155's Avatar
Mod
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 5,006
Thanks: 141
Thanked 368 Times in 286 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1941 View Post
No one knows the wait time but I would bet that its not a whole year.
From what I have been able to follow... its roughly 1 month
Scott likes this.
__________________
-Tom
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2017, 03:42 PM
cam1941's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 843
Thanks: 7
Thanked 59 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

That's not long at all and completely reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carola1155 View Post
From what I have been able to follow... its roughly 1 month
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2017, 01:39 AM
doclizard's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Thanks for the clarification, I was a lurker for a while when I first joined and thought I remembered a classified section. I've finally taken the plunge and got my first viv set up and growing in, hopefully will be able to access the section soon
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2017, 11:15 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Where does the whole time frame come into play? My join date was in 2015. I just don't have a lot to add or make pointless posts to get my number of posts up. That seems like nonsense when you are looking for info and just see posts of "cool" or "nice setup" because people need to get the numbers up. There really needs to be a new system put in place besides this method because I can almost guarantee it drives new people away because it makes them feel like they are not wanted here. I've been here for years and it makes even me feel unwanted here. You have moderators, why can't they just do their job and question and/or remove questionable posts instead of punishing everyone new or people that do not post a lot?
azbombero likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2017, 01:19 AM
Scott's Avatar
Mod
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 8,616
Blog Entries: 6
Thanks: 108
Thanked 457 Times in 273 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Not quite that easy because the scammers are working behind the scenes - not even making posts, but just answering want ads.

If it weren't for these scammers, and people who seem to easily fall prey to them, we wouldn't have an issue.

Make a few posts. Because of how long you've been here you'd be able to see Classifieds soon as you get to 25.

We're sorry about the inconvenience - but there really is no good answer for it.

DB Moderators
carola1155 likes this.
__________________
Join the Southwest Frog Group FB Page!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2017, 05:42 AM
azbombero's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 31
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Classifieds

I joined in 2009 and have bought tons of frogs, supplies, and feeders over the years and this is really crippling hobbyists that don't just want to make frivolous comments. This new rule in a way forces people out from the community here and makes people more susceptible to scammers in other areas on the web. Also, it can get pretty brutal in these threads, and some just like to learn from reading, not getting beat up for asking questions.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to azbombero For This Useful Post:
Nepenthe (04-25-2017)
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2017, 07:52 AM
Kalle's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 238
Thanks: 16
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

I've just recently passed the 25 post limit and it's taken quite a while to get there. One reason for that, and one of the reasons I love this forum, is that every question I could think of to ask as a beginner has already been discussed in numerous threads and is just there for me to read. Which is amazing and such a wealth to be able to have access to. But it also makes it quite hard to get your posting up if you don't want to either post the same question that's already been asked a thousand times or make the nonsense comments on other people's threads. A lot of times I've been reading interesting threads and wanted to ask something or comment but then realized that I would be necro posting on a 7 year old thread lol.

25 posts is quite a lot if you are a beginner and not already very involved in the community. You just don't have much knowledge to share and all your questions have already been answered numerous times before.
Nepenthe likes this.
__________________
“The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable.” C Bukowski
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2017, 05:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Classifieds

I have the same problem, but find that past posts have all the information
that I need. The ones that will suffer are the ones that are selling here that I
can't respond to , forcing me to go off site to buy.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2017, 05:27 PM
Kalle's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 238
Thanks: 16
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by KozmoZ28 View Post
I have the same problem, but find that past posts have all the information
that I need. The ones that will suffer are the ones that are selling here that I
can't respond to , forcing me to go off site to buy.
Probably true.
__________________
“The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable.” C Bukowski
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2017, 05:32 PM
cam1941's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 843
Thanks: 7
Thanked 59 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

What everyone is failing to realize is that DB is great because enough people come here and contribute and participate quite often (if not daily) as compared to other forums. This participation makes DB fun and useful because there is usually at least a few posts that are interesting to read and learn from.

I belong to a few forums and they are completely dead as compared to DB. If people don't contribute then DB will suffer the same fate which is already happening because of FB anyway.

There has always been a 25 post restriction in the classifieds. In the past it was that you had to make 25 posts before you could post an ad. Now it is to see the classifieds.

If you can't think of 25 posts then your not even contributing to DB and what makes it great so why would anyone care if you "leave" (rhetorical)

We wouldn't even notice...

Also, I haven't seen one complaint from anyone trying to sell something in these threads but lots from buyers. There may be a change in sales volume, I don't know but it seems to be not worth mentioning because I haven't seen one post with such a complaint.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2017, 06:10 PM
Kalle's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 238
Thanks: 16
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1941 View Post
What everyone is failing to realize is that DB is great because enough people come here and contribute and participate quite often (if not daily) as compared to other forums. This participation makes DB fun and useful because there is usually at least a few posts that are interesting to read and learn from.

I belong to a few forums and they are completely dead as compared to DB. If people don't contribute then DB will suffer the same fate which is already happening because of FB anyway.

There has always been a 25 post restriction in the classifieds. In the past it was that you had to make 25 posts before you could post an ad. Now it is to see the classifieds.

If you can't think of 25 posts then your not even contributing to DB and what makes it great so why would anyone care if you "leave" (rhetorical)

We wouldn't even notice...

Also, I haven't seen one complaint from anyone trying to sell something in these threads but lots from buyers. There may be a change in sales volume, I don't know but it seems to be not worth mentioning because I haven't seen one post with such a complaint.
Don't get me wrong, I love DB, I think it's one of the best forums period.

My point was merely that if you come to the forum as a beginner with your head full of all these questions, you can either just read all of the multiple threads where all those questions have been answered before or you can ask them again and just add dead weight to the forum (my opinion). If you're lucky you'll get a few links to other threads and if you're not you'll maybe get the "try the search function" reply. I get the feeling quite often that repeated questions aren't very welcome. Or rather that people are tired of getting asked them all the time.

If you come in here already full of knowledge and experience to share and 10 tanks to show, 25 posts can probably be done in one sitting.

I'm not really bothered by the classified section, I'm in Europe and can't buy from most of the sellers anyway. I just wanted to point out that this probably is the forum where I've read the most number of threads but also made the least number of posts in all the forums I'm part of. It's just hard to "contribute" when you don't have anything really worth contributing. But I'm very very grateful that so many of you experienced people are.

Peace
azbombero likes this.
__________________
“The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable.” C Bukowski
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2017, 06:47 PM
cam1941's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 843
Thanks: 7
Thanked 59 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Questions and complaints aren't contributions. There are so many different ways to contribute. If people stop contributing then DB will be no more.

Edit: Also there are a lot of deals in the classifieds that you won't find elsewhere...

Last edited by cam1941; 04-22-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Kalle's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 238
Thanks: 16
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1941 View Post
Questions and complaints aren't contributions. There are so many different ways to contribute. If people stop contributing then DB will be no more.
Questions aren't contributions?
__________________
“The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable.” C Bukowski
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2017, 08:38 PM
Kalle's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 238
Thanks: 16
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

I'm sorry to hear that you don't think questions are contributions.

Would be interesting to see how much of this forum remained if we removed every thread that revolved around some form of question. Or what intellectual level any of us would be on if we never asked questions as children. But then again, if we humans never asked any questions we probably wouldn't have any computers. Or any of the big inventions since we left the trees somewhere in Africa.
azbombero and Nepenthe like this.
__________________
“The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable.” C Bukowski
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kalle For This Useful Post:
Nepenthe (04-25-2017)
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2017, 02:58 PM
siteadmin's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 636
Thanks: 9
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Hey folks,

As Scott and others have mentioned, this is in place to help protect the community from run and gun scammers / spammers as the classifieds is their favorite place to attack.

The 25 post requirement is to ensure members are established in the community before dealing in any items in there.

Thanks,
- JB
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to siteadmin For This Useful Post:
azbombero (04-25-2017)
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 01:55 AM
Ed Ed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 19,312
Thanks: 321
Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,795 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalle View Post
a thousand times or make the nonsense comments on other people's threads. A lot of times I've been reading interesting threads and wanted to ask something or comment but then realized that I would be necro posting on a 7 year old thread lol. .
In the last 7 years there have been a number of changes in our understanding of how to best care for these animals. Did you consider that asking if that information was still current would be an appropriate question? At the worst you would get links to other threads or a short answer but at best you could stimulate a discussion on more recent information. See for example this thread
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/par...d-uv-b-uv.html

some comments

Ed
Scott and JPP like this.
__________________
A phrase you never want to hear;
"It seemed like a good idea at the time."
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 03:41 AM
cam1941's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 843
Thanks: 7
Thanked 59 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

You've been inspired to contribute... You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalle View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you don't think questions are contributions.

Would be interesting to see how much of this forum remained if we removed every thread that revolved around some form of question. Or what intellectual level any of us would be on if we never asked questions as children. But then again, if we humans never asked any questions we probably wouldn't have any computers. Or any of the big inventions since we left the trees somewhere in Africa.
kblack3 and JPP like this.

Last edited by cam1941; 04-25-2017 at 03:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 11:01 AM
JPP's Avatar
JPP JPP is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Maryland
Posts: 464
Thanks: 33
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbombero View Post
I joined in 2009 and have bought tons of frogs, supplies, and feeders over the years and this is really crippling hobbyists that don't just want to make frivolous comments. This new rule in a way forces people out from the community here and makes people more susceptible to scammers in other areas on the web. Also, it can get pretty brutal in these threads, and some just like to learn from reading, not getting beat up for asking questions.
And what did you do? Make several frivolous comments in a row this morning until you got your post count up to 25, then stopped posting...
Trust me, its not asking legitimate questions that makes people want to beat up on you over. Its when you clog up the "New Posts" feature with empty posts like "Those Leucs are great" or "Very nice build".
Scott, Ed and cam1941 like this.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 02:14 PM
Kalle's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 238
Thanks: 16
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1941 View Post
You've been inspired to contribute... You're welcome
Thanks!
__________________
“The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable.” C Bukowski
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Yaki's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salinas
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Why not make the wanted section a 25 post minimum since that is the problem child.
As is forcing people to post whatever like "Can I add real grass to my tank" just to get the count which isn't helping stop scammers.
I've spent about $500 on KS and Fauna that I would have spent on private breeders because I can't view the classifieds because I don't want to post worthless posts which look like that's the only way to be able to view it.
Now ad my 500 to all the other people that can't view it. Alot of money this sites members are losing out on.

Takes soap box and walks away lol.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2017, 10:46 PM
Ed Ed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 19,312
Thanks: 321
Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,795 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaki View Post
Why not make the wanted section a 25 post minimum since that is the problem child.
As is forcing people to post whatever like "Can I add real grass to my tank" just to get the count which isn't helping stop scammers.
I've spent about $500 on KS and Fauna that I would have spent on private breeders because I can't view the classifieds because I don't want to post worthless posts which look like that's the only way to be able to view it.
Now ad my 500 to all the other people that can't view it. Alot of money this sites members are losing out on.

Takes soap box and walks away lol.
You mean the 25 post limit that is already there??? The waiting period does depend on the posts by the people and can be bypassed if the person bothers to ask the mods nicely and they agree to it... Your "solution" actually encourages people to post random meaningless as it doesn't require them to be substantive... just make them.

some comments

Ed
__________________
A phrase you never want to hear;
"It seemed like a good idea at the time."
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Scott's Avatar
Mod
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 8,616
Blog Entries: 6
Thanks: 108
Thanked 457 Times in 273 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Actually - the Mods cannot make the process happen any differently.

Occasionally wish we could, most of the time thankful we cannot.

s
__________________
Join the Southwest Frog Group FB Page!
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Ed Ed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 19,312
Thanks: 321
Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,795 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaki View Post
Why not make the wanted section a 25 post minimum since that is the problem child.
As is forcing people to post whatever like "Can I add real grass to my tank" just to get the count which isn't helping stop scammers.
I've spent about $500 on KS and Fauna that I would have spent on private breeders because I can't view the classifieds because I don't want to post worthless posts which look like that's the only way to be able to view it.
Now ad my 500 to all the other people that can't view it. Alot of money this sites members are losing out on.

Takes soap box and walks away lol.
I should also note that since you weren't interested enough to post more than 19 times since 2012 makes the claim about spending money with breeders suspect as to the validity of your argument if it was that important to you, you could have posted another 7 times in the last 5 plus years. (and a number of your posts are pretty close to your example)...

some comments

Ed
Scott likes this.
__________________
A phrase you never want to hear;
"It seemed like a good idea at the time."
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2018, 05:22 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvstll77 View Post
Because of human nature there are people out there that want to take advantage of folks. Need a 25 post minimum now to see marketplace. Along with enough time once you have the posts for the admins to approve

understood about selling but now that you sorted out the bad from the good sellers why dont you allow the buyers who are the only ones at risk to benefit from all your hard work. I am needing stock and became a member to post a wanted ad. How can I do that or are you asking us to wait a year to get froglets that will demand a year or more before we can even get a clutch. ??
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2018, 02:00 PM
Woodswalker's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 693
Blog Entries: 38
Thanks: 61
Thanked 52 Times in 50 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamisium View Post
understood about selling but now that you sorted out the bad from the good sellers why dont you allow the buyers who are the only ones at risk to benefit from all your hard work. I am needing stock and became a member to post a wanted ad. How can I do that or are you asking us to wait a year to get froglets that will demand a year or more before we can even get a clutch. ??
If you read the thread, you should be able to see that it's 25 posts over the course of about a month. I think a month is reasonable, especially since most new members have a lot of reading to do before they buy frogs and/or supplies, anyway. It's hard to be patient when you're excited and eager to jump in, but that month of waiting will quickly be forgotten.

In the meantime, why not post sketches of your build ideas, or maybe write up a list of things you plan to buy and ask if maybe you should make adjustments to your plans? Do you have any inspiration photos of rocks, plants, or landscapes you've visited? Those are always fun to see.
Scott likes this.
__________________
A life without a dog is one not worth living.
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2018, 03:53 AM
AuroraK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 123
Thanks: 20
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Classifieds

There is no way to please everyone and the board is just trying to keep it safe as well as they can. They can’t just magically tell who is legit and who isn’t. The standard isn’t ridiculous and I know a bunch of people are annoyed, but think how much worse it would be if you got into classifieds right away and then were instantly scammed because everyone else got in right away, too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Aurora

R. Variabilis Highland 1.1.1
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2018, 02:46 PM
jarteta97's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 418
Thanks: 8
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

If you're on the board every day, you can fairly easily find a way to post 25 times. The introductions area alone can give you those 25 posts in a couple of days, if you just greet new members and maybe answer a few simple questions that you've learned from reading (making sure it is correct of course). Build threads are great because someone might be doing something that you haven't seen before, or in a slightly different fashion, and you can ask them how they did it. Most of the time, the original poster will be delighted to answer your questions. And there's nothing wrong with commenting "hey, I really like your build" or the like, just throw in a couple comments on specific parts of the build/tank that you like, and maybe even a question about future progress or a specific aspect of the build.

I think some people get on the forum very intermittently, see a couple of posts that are days or weeks old and already full of comments/questions that they could have posted, and then get frustrated with how difficult it is to post. Just get on the forum regularly, and you really shouldn't have a problem.

Also, to the comment that sellers and breeders on the forum are losing potential money... most sellers aren't commercial, and often times do it on the side just to make up some of the costs of their own builds and hobby expenses. I believe that most sellers would prefer to know that the people they are selling to are knowledgeable (hence the approximate one month wait), than to have a larger volume of potential buyers. All you have to do is take a look at some FB frog groups/vendors to see that many can be less experienced, but still ultimately prepared to drop big bucks on frogs on supplies before really hitting that learning curve. These are just my thoughts on the matter...
AuroraK likes this.
__________________
-Josh
"Life is a journey, not a destination" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2020, 05:42 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Classifieds

Guess I need to start getting my post count up so I'll start with a message here...
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2020, 03:40 PM
Frogmanjared's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: WI
Posts: 77
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Classifieds

I'm hesitant to order online, and the selection can be slim at any given time from reputable breeders. I was hoping this would be a place to check for more options of frogs from fellow hobbyists. Its a great resource and I'm looking forward to looking at the classifieds!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
no longer able to access market place/ classifieds thefish Dendroboard.com Feedback, Help Desk & Questions 1 03-10-2017 03:23 AM
Classifieds Scott Dendroboard.com Feedback, Help Desk & Questions 6 04-24-2004 02:00 PM
I found this on frognet classifieds. what do they mean? addam4208283 General Discussion 3 04-10-2004 01:27 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.