Missing feedback - Dendroboard
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Miscellaneous > Dendroboard.com Feedback, Help Desk & Questions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By cbreon
  • 1 Post By topher
  • 2 Post By JPccusa
  • 2 Post By carola1155
  • 1 Post By Igot99problems
  • 1 Post By topher
  • 2 Post By carola1155
  • 1 Post By Scott
  • 1 Post By cbreon
  • 2 Post By cbreon
  • 1 Post By Enlightened Rogue
  • 2 Post By Coqui

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2015, 04:44 AM

Default Missing feedback

I made a feedback post for topher (Chris furr) several days ago and it never posted. Why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2015, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Missing feedback

Not to hijack your thread but I also left feedback for therizman2 and it never posted either...
Old 05-29-2015, 12:35 PM

Perhaps the "rules" need to be guidelines not laws. I'm hearing that many people's feedback is being denied over small differences in the way they list it. There should be a general format, and if the post is close to that format, it should be accepted. After all, we want to encourage feedback not discourage it.
Judy S likes this.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreon View Post
Perhaps the "rules" need to be guidelines not laws. I'm hearing that many people's feedback is being denied over small differences in the way they list it. There should be a general format, and if the post is close to that format, it should be accepted. After all, we want to encourage feedback not discourage it.
Thanks for the feedback man, (hoping it was positive) lol.. I have had this issue before as well and received a good, stern, "if you don't follow the template your feedback won't post" pm a little later....I think everyone's capable of giving appropriate feedback with such a strict roadmap being involved....
Old 05-29-2015, 01:47 PM

Sorry .. WITHOUT such a strict roadmap being involved..
Old 05-29-2015, 02:45 PM

I've tried to leave feedback as well and just got major pissed at the "rules"--why do they have to be that way?? Should make NO difference to the owners or mods what is being said...don't just say it's a liability question...BS.. so the motivation to take the time to post is diminished when it should be encouraged....my 2 cents...
Old 05-29-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy S View Post
I've tried to leave feedback as well and just got major pissed at the "rules"--why do they have to be that way?? Should make NO difference to the owners or mods what is being said...don't just say it's a liability question...BS.. so the motivation to take the time to post is diminished when it should be encouraged....my 2 cents...
Exactly.. since the thread has to be started by the vendor then that sort of automatically takes away from the liability of the forum.. Any form of feedback is good feedback regardless of the " link to the original thread" or some of their other requirements..

I agree there needs to be some mod-ing but it gets to a point that's a little ridiculous.
Judy S likes this.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:02 PM
Mod

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/ven...-template.html
Scott and carola1155 like this.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:46 PM
Mod

The current feedback template was created because abuse by members mandated it.

People were leaving fake feedback.

By requiring members to actually provide more details about the transaction, it allows us to better determine if this feedback is legitimate. Trust me, I wish this wasn't the case (it just makes more work for us), but it is. Its another unfortunate example of a few bad eggs making things more difficult for everyone.
Scott and JPccusa like this.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:16 PM
Mod

Exactly.

And once we move beyond the template - the "accepted" would continue to get worse.

By keeping feedback to the template - it ensures that needed information will be available to possible customers looking at VF.

We try to reach out and let people know if their VF is not following the template - but at some point people just do not seem to get it - and we just move on to not approving it (just as the notice at the top of the forum says will happen).

s

Quote:
Originally Posted by carola1155 View Post
The current feedback template was created because abuse by members mandated it.

People were leaving fake feedback.

By requiring members to actually provide more details about the transaction, it allows us to better determine if this feedback is legitimate. Trust me, I wish this wasn't the case (it just makes more work for us), but it is. Its another unfortunate example of a few bad eggs making things more difficult for everyone.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:32 PM

Yeah but what about the ones that are in the correct format but are not posting?
Old 05-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Mod

If they are in the correct format - they post. Period.

We occasionally have people posting in the wrong thread - they might have started another thread for someone who already has one. When we find those we merge them.

If you're positive you've posted (and that it was the right format) - you may have a "singleton/orphan" thread somewhere.

s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igot99problems View Post
Yeah but what about the ones that are in the correct format but are not posting?
Old 05-29-2015, 05:46 PM

not to beat a dead horse...interesting that DBers object, but the mods "like". How much does it really matter if there is expanded ability to comment about a transaction...sometimes the details are pretty important....so the whole body of members gets shortchanged by those few bad apples....why not just go back to the "old" way and just not run the few bad apple's posts?? The Facebook forums have no problems...or Dart Den...or any of the other forums.. The details are what makes a good vendor feedback forum...please reconsider....
Old 05-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Mod

Quote:
not to beat a dead horse...interesting that DBers object, but the mods "like". How much does it really matter if there is expanded ability to comment about a transaction...sometimes the details are pretty important....so the whole body of members gets shortchanged by those few bad apples....why not just go back to the "old" way and just not run the few bad apple's posts?? The Facebook forums have no problems...or Dart Den...or any of the other forums.. The details are what makes a good vendor feedback forum...please reconsider....
I'm not understanding what your complain is. Are you saying Dendroboard requests a short feedback and you would like to leave an extensive one?
Old 05-29-2015, 06:26 PM
Mod

Quote:
Not to hijack your thread but I also left feedback for therizman2 and it never posted either...
Quote:
Not sure what you are talking about either.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/ven...ml#post2372881
Old 05-29-2015, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPccusa View Post
I'm not understanding what your complain is. Are you saying Dendroboard requests a short feedback and you would like to leave an extensive one?
not to nitpik...but I believe the correct word is either "requires" or "demands" a short feedback...the feedback as it stands now is a stripped down, barebones, feedback when sometimes fleshing out the experience is much more valuable. In my humble opinion "suggesting" a short response does not shut the door on a more detailed post...
Old 05-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Mod

Quote:
not to nitpik...but I believe the correct word is either "requires" or "demands" a short feedback...the feedback as it stands now is a stripped down, barebones, feedback when sometimes fleshing out the experience is much more valuable. In my humble opinion "suggesting" a short response does not shut the door on a more detailed post...
Quite frankly, this is not an issue.

I can't remember EVER not approving a vendor feedback for being lengthy. The template asks people to be specific, and nowhere it "requires" or "demands" a short answer. Negative feedback usually are longer for obvious reasons.

Tell me where this is a short VF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsdaxx View Post
I must start by saying my transaction is not a positive one but not totally negative either.

Transaction date 2/23/15
I found genesis exotics site by hearing from it on Dendroboard but made the purchase from his website.

As a business I probably would not have even offered to ship from or to such cold temperatures but Josh Halter seemed extremely confident in his packaging and shipping that I gave him a try. The guarantee on his page was also intriguing. My wife had spoken with Josh on the phone and at first he was apprehensive and almost treating her like she was trying to steal the cultures but after seeing pictures he was more respectful to our blight. I ordered 6 cultures, 4 producing melano and 2 started hydei. The hydei came with nothing not flies nor maggots. The 2 Turkish gliders came with all dead flies in a true producing culture and almost no media left with any maggots in it. The two curly winged cultures came in as a started culture with some maggots in but stuck to the deli cup and no parent flies alive at all. The media was cold to touch 2 hours after they had been received straight from the mail. The packaging was not as advertised on the website, the box was lined in tinfoil and shredded newspaper with two small hand warmer style pads. No Styrofoam lined box as stated. I arrived home and immediately called Josh H to tell him of my disappointment. We spoke on the phone he told me he would refund me for 2 cultures but I had to wait four days to see if the started producing. He was more then apologetic on the phone, which I will give him great props for due to the fact that I was extremely agitated and disappointed. I then emailed him later after I had found the other maggots dead and black stuck to the deli cup. I was concerned as I did not see the refund yet and saw some bad comments on this site and others. He replied with the statement below. I now have gotten my refund so I told him I would post my transaction. I was going to give him a positive review for giving me my refund but as I received it he deducted the $22.76 that he charged for his shipping which was not Styrofoam lied nor was it even overnight express. It was 2 day and cheaply packaged not to mention ALL DEAD. So out of a $58.46 transaction I have some $22.76 deli cups, wadded up tinfoil and a cardboard box. Luckily I am only an hour away from Joshs Frogs and was able to drive and pick up some flies to feed my sons frogs. Dealing mainly with Joshs Frogs I know why they do not ship in these low temps but now understand more then ever why. I believe everyone should get what they pay for but at this point I do not believe even billing me for the shipping cost for dead arrival which is guaranteed on his site should be a good business model. I will reiterate Josh Halter was more than respectful on the phone and did make things right in his eyes I believe but I just don't think I should have been billed for anything out of this transaction at all. I do love the variety he offers and seems to have an excellent website with satisfied customers. He also did state to me numerous times that I was only the 4th person with DOA's this whole winter shipping in these extreme temps. February 22 and 23 were the warmest days in 2 weeks in Michigan but they were still very cold to be shipping in, I will give him that benefit also. Not saying for anyone not to deal with Genesis exotics at all but I would stay away from cold temps and don't totally believe the shipping guarantee. Wait for warm weather and protect yourself.

Thanks
Josh Dale
Again, I don't understand what you are complaining about.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:12 PM

Hmm when I looked under "participated" that thread didn't show up. I apologize
Quote:
Not sure what you are talking about either.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/ven...ml#post2372881
JPccusa likes this.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:14 PM

I had it happen..so that is why I took the time to comment on it...and it is not a "complaint" strictly...it is a backdoor suggestion to allow more information...and I do believe it was you who sent me the PM about it...it has been some time ago...now I don't bother to post on DB about the transactions because I don't always have a precise date, or some other required detail....and it isn't me who loses...it's the vendors that you are trying to promote and the sponsors who benefit. For DB, it should be a non-issue.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:17 PM
Mod

Tom already told you why.

Please reread it.

s
Quote:
Old 05-29-2015, 07:19 PM
Mod

You can be positive in a fairly lengthy way.

If it's negative feedback - we ask that you get to the point and stick to the facts.

s
Quote:
I had it happen..so that is why I took the time to comment on it...and it is not a "complaint" strictly...it is a backdoor suggestion to allow more information...and I do believe it was you who sent me the PM about it...it has been some time ago...now I don't bother to post on DB about the transactions because I don't always have a precise date, or some other required detail....and it isn't me who loses...it's the vendors that you are trying to promote and the sponsors who benefit. For DB, it should be a non-issue.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:26 PM

I was incorrect, it was Scott who had PMd me about my post some time ago...let's just drop the whole subject...I was trying to make a positive contribution for members, so let's just call it a day....
Old 05-29-2015, 07:45 PM

Out of curiosity and trying to clarify the issue for myself, I went back to the Vendor Feedback stickies...and although there have been some changes...one of the key elements which I guess I was guilty of was lack of a date for the transaction...so guess I'll just pick a date next time....

Still deleting Vendor Feedback that doesn't meet the requested formatting.

You must have a transaction date. Period.

IF the transaction is a result of an ad on this board, you MUST link the transaction.

IF the transaction is a result of private communications - just say so. "I emailed so and so to see if he could sell me ... ".

I'm occasionally letting people know why their VF is not getting approved - but I've deleted a few lately because the rules are RIGHT HERE - and even if you do not read them in this thread, you CAN look at Vendor Feedback that has been approved (bc/ they should be formatted correctly!).

That was Scott 7/11 post in the VF forum....among the many posts from the mods and a couple of members concerning the rules...
Old 05-29-2015, 07:51 PM
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher View Post
Exactly.. since the thread has to be started by the vendor then that sort of automatically takes away from the liability of the forum...
I missed this earlier, but just to clarify, Vendor Feedback threads DO NOT need to be started by the vendor. You are required to search for the vendor's feedback thread, but if there is none, feel free to start one.

Quote:
Perhaps now that you understand the REQUIRED format, you can keep better records of the transaction date and the ad's URL in order to leave future Vendor Feedback. Those are actually the only 2 things you don't already know/have in order to succeed.

It is THAT simple, and yet, people seem to have a hard time following the provided "road map" (sticky thread).

Bottom line is this: Although we encourage everyone to leave feedback, whether positive or negative, posts that miss the very minimal required information will not get approved and may simply "disappear." Offenders should understand why.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I missed this earlier, but just to clarify, Vendor Feedback threads DO NOT need to be started by the vendor. You are required to search for the vendor's feedback thread, but if there is none, feel free to start one.

Perhaps now that you understand the REQUIRED format, you can keep better records of the transaction date and the ad's URL in order to leave future Vendor Feedback. Those are actually the only 2 things you don't already know/have in order to succeed.

It is THAT simple, and yet, people seem to have a hard time following the provided "road map" (sticky thread).

Bottom line is this: Although we encourage everyone to leave feedback, whether positive or negative, posts that miss the very minimal required information will not get approved and may simply "disappear." Offenders should understand why.
Ahh I was not aware, I thought they had to be started by the person they were about. My apologies, then.
JPccusa likes this.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Mod

For the record... If anyone wants to write the code for a form to have members fill out when leaving feedback, I would not complain

Just make sure they have to have something listed in each of the fields and boom problem solved! haha

In the meantime, we just need people to copy and paste this post and just insert their information: http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/ven...ml#post1839985

The whole point of this was using what we have (not much) as moderators to legitimize the feedback being posted. Fluff/fake feedback degrades the legitimacy of the entire thing. We were trying to prevent that and help the community here... but theres a point where it becomes too much work if people keep missing information.
Scott and Judy S like this.

Last edited by carola1155; 05-29-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:41 PM
Mod

If someone provides VF for someone who hasn't provided a header - I normally go and edit that post so it includes a link to the Vendors Profile.

s
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher View Post
Ahh I was not aware, I thought they had to be started by the person they were about. My apologies, then.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:58 PM

thank you mods for being mostly patient with us members...and after Tom's explanation it does make more sense...
Old 05-30-2015, 12:38 PM

My problem is that if I use the proper format without a link, my feedback doesn't seem to post. Furthermore, I usually have to reach out to a mod several days later to figure out why. This is my feedback that's not posting because it doesn't include a link:

Positive

Chris had some orchids for trade, I contacted him with my availability. We worked out a nice trade and the transaction went smoothly. Chris is easy to work with, and I'd definitely do business with him again.

Thanks Chris!

It seems pretty straightforward to me.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:51 PM
Mod

Where is the transaction date?

s
Quote:
My problem is that if I use the proper format without a link, my feedback doesn't seem to post. Furthermore, I usually have to reach out to a mod several days later to figure out why. This is my feedback that's not posting because it doesn't include a link:

Positive

Chris had some orchids for trade, I contacted him with my availability. We worked out a nice trade and the transaction went smoothly. Chris is easy to work with, and I'd definitely do business with him again.

Thanks Chris!

It seems pretty straightforward to me.
Drewbacca likes this.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Where is the transaction date?

s
No one said anything about a transaction date until you Scott, which speaks to part of the problem. I had to contact you guys, after several days of the feedback not posting. Then I had to start a thread, where several others chimed in with the same complaints. In the meantime, I'm getting texts from people saying this is part of the reason they don't frequent this forum anymore. Now, I have to engage in this type of back and forth. All this so I could post some positive feedback for a younger member. Do you think this approach is helping or hurting participation on this forum? My money is on the latter.
Judy S likes this.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:21 AM
Mod

It's in the format - at the top of the page.

We'd LOVE it if we had a template here - it would simplify things.

Remember - you've got only a few Moderators here. We do a lot (believe it or not) and it does get old at some point.

Sorry if nobody contacted you on it - but it's in the template at the top of the page. It's mentioned explicitly there.

Quote:
*NOTICE*
Please keep replies in the classifieds to questions, answers, and seller updates. Other posts will be removed without notice and infractions issued. The classifieds are not intended for conversations, accusations, or opinions.
*FEEDBACK RULES*
All posts will be reviewed prior to going public
Limit one thread per vendor
Posts must be fact based
Only one response is permitted
Posts are only permitted by involved parties
Posts must include date of transaction and must be a recent transaction
s

Quote:
No one said anything about a transaction date until you Scott, which speaks to part of the problem. I had to contact you guys, after several days of the feedback not posting. Then I had to start a thread, where several others chimed in with the same complaints. In the meantime, I'm getting texts from people saying this is part of the reason they don't frequent this forum anymore. Now, I have to engage in this type of back and forth. All this so I could post some positive feedback for a younger member. Do you think this approach is helping or hurting participation on this forum? My money is on the latter.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Mod

I'll repeat...

Quote:
As Scott pointed out, your post didn't follow the REQUIRED template (thanks for sharing it publicly). If your VF posts keeps disappearing, try following the template provided in the stickies of that subforum.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I'll repeat...

As Scott pointed out, your post didn't follow the REQUIRED template (thanks for sharing it publicly). If your VF posts keeps disappearing, try following the template provided in the stickies of that subforum.
You seem to be missing my point JP. Over-moderation of feedback posts is discouraging participation. I've received quite a few texts based on this thread backing up that notion and I've heard quite a few conversations over the past year at frogger events echoing that sentiment. I'd imagine that the mods joined to support the community and hobby. However, this over-moderation is detracting from the enjoyment of the forum and is reducing participation to some degree. After all, feedback is meant to be a generally positive thing. My post wasn't to far from the "required" format and to the best of my knowledge there isn't going to be a feedback compliance audit. So, maybe you guys could relax a little bit. After all, this is a hobby forum. I'm trying to give you guys some feedback, and you don't seem to be interested in it, so I think I'm done with this conversation.
JPccusa and Judy S like this.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Dedicated Supporter

Maybe I missed something but I don`t get what the problem is here.
I`ve left dozens of feedback posts and never had a problem.

Leave the transaction date..if you don`t have the exact date come as close you can.
If there is no link, just say ordered from website or personal communication
Leave the positive/negative and explain why.

I screwed up a few time with it and was contacted by Scott and Tom to fix it.
Again, if I missed something here sorry
Scott likes this.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:13 AM

I personally have sold a few frogs to different members on this forum, not as many as others but I do not ask my customers to leave feedback. Don't get me wrong it is a valuable tool. I just choose to provide any potential customer with references that they can contact and ask anything they wish. Nothing against anyone, I just like the old saying ( No News is Good News )
Scott and srrrio like this.