Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Dendroboard

Dendroboard (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/)
-   Dendroboard.com Feedback, Help Desk & Questions (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/dendroboard-com-feedback-help-desk-questions/)
-   -   Ads in Chinese (https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/dendroboard-com-feedback-help-desk-questions/210225-ads-chinese.html)

The Mom 10-26-2014 06:41 PM

Ads in Chinese

Any idea why I would have ads in Chinese? Some banner and some of the ones in the threads.

I do not know Chinese and am located in CA. I would understand assuming I speak Spanish being in California, but not Chinese.

I am not all that concerned, but thought the programmers would be interested in knowing about this issue

FroggyKnight 10-26-2014 09:14 PM

Re: Ads in Chinese

I have no idea what its about, but I've been seeing the same thing. Its not an ad though, its actually a text box with A LOT of text. Its also not just chinese, there is a variety of random symbols as well as some japanese characters (not to sure on the last one).

It is definitely not an ad as it does not follow any grammar that I can see, is it some kind of code instead? It doesn't bother me at all really, but I have no clue what its about. :confused:

John

frogfreak 10-26-2014 09:56 PM

Download adblock. It gets rid of them all! :cool:

FroggyKnight 10-27-2014 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogfreak (Post 2158897)
Download adblock. It gets rid of them all! :cool:

Well, that would work if it is actually an ad, but I've no idea if would change anything in this case. The only thing I have against adblock, is that it blocks our sponsor's advertisements. I don't mind seeing those :)

The Mom 10-27-2014 03:46 AM

I do not mind the banner ads. This site has few and I know they help pay for me using it.

Here is an example of what I am receiving in the random ads, not the upper site specific ones:

ℼ潤瑣灹⁥瑨汭㰾瑨汭㰾敨摡㰾瑳汹㹥筡潣潬㩲挣っ〰細潢祤琬扡敬搬癩甬ⱬ楬浻牡楧㩮㬰慰摤湩㩧細潢祤扻捡杫 潲湵ⵤ潣潬㩲牴湡灳牡湥㭴潦瑮昭浡汩㩹刢扯瑯≯愬楲污猬湡⵳敳楲㭦潦瑮眭楥桧㩴〳㬰㱽猯祴敬㰾捳楲瑰⠾畦据 楴湯⤨睻湩潤⹷獳昽湵瑣潩⡮笩㭽⥽⤨⠻畦据楴湯⤨登牡搠琽楨ⱳ㵥畦据楴湯愨笩慶⁲㵢祴数景愠椻⡦漢橢捥≴㴽 ⥢晩愨笩晩愨椠獮慴据潥⁦牁慲⥹敲畴湲愢牲祡㬢晩愨椠獮慴据潥⁦扏敪瑣爩瑥

Admin_Yungster 10-27-2014 04:26 PM

Most of the banner ads you see here and especially ads you see when you're NOT logged in, are served by our ad networks. Those networks serve ads based on a number of criteria including your browsing history and/or what you're currently viewing on your browser.

Even then, the ad networks now use algorithms to expand their criteria to serve ads to us (not just on this site but on any site that uses ad networks like Google ads).

I remember I was browsing through a photography forum I belong to and I started getting ads for Russian brides. I figured it was because I was reading about tennis (huge tennis fan here) and well, they somehow connected the dots. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

The Mom 10-28-2014 04:15 PM

OK. That makes some sense. One of my children lives in China, so I chat there a lot and do try Googling stuff. All in English though