Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tinc Tank

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2020, 02:29 PM

Talking Koetari River tinc bloodlines???

As far as I know, there are only two "bloodlines" of Dendrobates tinctorius 'Koetari River'. There is the Understory Enterprises Koetari River that looks more like a Green Sipaliwini and then there is the Under the Canopy Farms line that looks way different, like an extremely dark New River. What is the current consensus in the hobby whether or not these two lines can be crossed? Are they in fact different morphs that should not be crossed?

Also, does anybody know of unrelated blood regarding specifically the Under the Canopy Farms line Koetari River? It seems that Troy (username RedEyeTroyFrog on the forums) has been the only breeder of this locale for a number of years and most have come through his pair. Both DFC and FrogDaddy got theirs from Troy. The only other semi-unrelated ones would be the ones offered through Josh's Frogs by way of Zach, but Zach got his from the same breeder that Troy did so they would just be cousins.

DFC seems to be the only one breeding the Understory Enterprises Koetari River (other than Understory Enterprises of course). Where are the rest?

I am hoping that I can gather as much information as possible about this morph and locate genetically valuable blood so that hopefully we can keep this morph going in the hobby. Everyone's input would be appreciated.
krzydmnd likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2020, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Koetari River tinc bloodlines???

BUMP

I am hoping someone has some useful information. I heard that Sean Stewart had a pair years ago. Anybody know about the background behind those animals? Anybody have some Koetari Rivers out of Sean Stewart's pair?
Old 06-07-2020, 05:40 AM

Default Re: Koetari River tinc bloodlines???

Don't have any information for you but I appreciate you opening up this line of dialogue and hope that someone can chime in with some more information.

Tags
bloodlines, dendrobates, koetari, river, tinctorius