Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Breeding, Eggs & Tadpoles
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 05:29 PM

Default Morph tank questions...

Hello, been awhile since I been on here. I did get my first proven pair a couple months ago, Azureus, and currently have 12 tads that have been reared in seperate deli cups that I keep in a 10 gal aquarium with a top. I also have a morph out tank, another 10 gal with a water area measuring 10" X 10" and 2" deep. The rest of the tank is raised and has spag moss and a pothos plant. My questions are: How many tads that are ready to morph can I keep together in the morph tank? I have 4 starting to show front legs with 3 right behind them, hatched 9 days apart. Would it be possible to sucessfuly put the first 4 in the morph tank at the same time? Then put the other 3 in after the first 4 morph out and are moved to seperate containers? After the frogs morph out, what is a good number to keep in a 10 gal tank to grow them out? I have a 55 gal tank also. Could several frogs be grown out in the 55? Maybe 12 or so? THANKS for any help in my new adventure raising these cool frogs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM
TWI/ASN

Default Re: Morph tank questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewton View Post
....., Azureus, and currently have 12 tads that have been reared in seperate deli cups that I keep in a 10 gal aquarium with a top. I also have a morph out tank, another 10 gal with a water area measuring 10" X 10" and 2" deep. The rest of the tank is raised and has spag moss and a pothos plant. How many tads that are ready to morph can I keep together in the morph tank? I have 4 starting to show front legs with 3 right behind them, hatched 9 days apart. Would it be possible to sucessfuly put the first 4 in the morph tank at the same time? Then put the other 3 in after the first 4 morph out and are moved to seperate containers? After the frogs morph out, what is a good number to keep in a 10 gal tank to grow them out? I have a 55 gal tank also. Could several frogs be grown out in the 55?
1. Morph out capacity? - " a lot". When they pop their fronts and get placed in the sloped morph out tank, you can really have a lot of them going at one time. You also do not have to worry about them nibbing on each other as their mouth parts are changing. I have had 20 tads with fronts morphing out in the same shoebox sized container before with no problems.

2.Grow out capacity? - On the average - much more than a regular size vivarium occupancy standard. IMO, you could grow out @ 5-8 Tinc sized froglets in 10 gallon for up to a couple months before having to move them.

3. 55 gallon grow out capacity? - A "lot".....12 easily.

Pothos are excellent grow out viv plants - nice big flat leaves for hides and barriers.

Congrats on getting tads!
Old 09-03-2010, 03:02 AM

Default Re: Morph tank questions...

Thanks! Just the info I was looking for!
BTW, licorice ice cream sounds tasty to me...