Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Breeding, Eggs & Tadpoles
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2020, 05:21 PM

Default Tadpole not eating

Anyone experience something similar to this? I have a clutch of 7 Tinctorius tadpoles, which all hatched from the egg in the same 24 hour time period. 5 of them have grown super big. The last ones hatched out on the 6th. I know tadpoles go through a period of 3-5 days where they absorb their yolk and don’t eat, but two of these tadpoles still are super small and don’t eat or poop. They just hide under their leaf all day, while the rest of their siblings are now twice their size and eagerly eating. Am I just being impatient or is something wrong? Tadpoles are eating crushed omega fish food and sprinkles algae. In tadpole tea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmoonwanderer View Post
Anyone experience something similar to this? I have a clutch of 7 Tinctorius tadpoles, which all hatched from the egg in the same 24 hour time period. 5 of them have grown super big. The last ones hatched out on the 6th. I know tadpoles go through a period of 3-5 days where they absorb their yolk and don’t eat, but two of these tadpoles still are super small and don’t eat or poop. They just hide under their leaf all day, while the rest of their siblings are now twice their size and eagerly eating. Am I just being impatient or is something wrong? Tadpoles are eating crushed omega fish food and sprinkles algae. In tadpole tea
Following bc i also have one tad who is in the same boat. Looks like his intestines have food in them but i dont find poop in the cup or anything and he hasnt grown at all.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Tadpole not eating

Hi,
I prefer to feed my tadpoles Savory Stew made by Repashy. I follow the instructions for the preparation and store it in the freezer. I break off small portions to feed my tadpoles which readily eat it and grow quickly. Are you doing partial water changes? Partial water changes not only help remove any wastes but also causes agitation which increases dissolved oxygen. What is the temperature? Just a few things to take into consideration. Sometimes you end up with "runts" of the clutch and can be attributed to other factors, e.g. new, young breeders, breeders not fed a high quality diet, genetic cross breeding or in-breeding of the breeders- all of which can affect the offspring. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Nongjaa; 07-12-2020 at 10:56 PM.