Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Breeding, Eggs & Tadpoles
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2020, 11:00 PM

Lol I'm just a cheapskate so every penny counts lol. Ye, I got the omega one flakes and now I realised what they mean when they say onky feed a "little". The tadpoles barely eats any and so when I put even a small flake they don't eat all of it and just spoils the water. I don't think think I can throw away the eggs so I'll just leave them there to be eaten. But even that, I don't think the tadpole can eat all of them....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2020, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Bad egg clutches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jand1k View Post
Lol I'm just a cheapskate so every penny counts lol.
Your offspring sells for more than the food you need to buy and put in to them..
One Ranitomeya juvenile get's you around 4 bags that will last a lifetime
fishingguy12345 likes this.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:35 PM

You can aslo give away the clutches or tadpoles to other hobbyists..

Old 06-02-2020, 07:58 PM

Haha never thought of it like that. But you're right. I got these for 60 each from a shop. I'm assuming breeders sell them for around 30/40 to shops? I don't know. If I had known the breeder before I bought these from the shop he sold it to then I could've saved some money. I do know him now and he helps me with looking after them. I guess I haven't and didn't really want to start thinking about money yet. I still have to see if the 5 tadpoles will develop properly. If they do then maybe I'll start thinking of selling to to pay back for the money they costed me and to continue my 20g viv I'm building. I spent more on the vivarium setup than them lol.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jand1k View Post
Haha never thought of it like that. But you're right. I got these for 60 each from a shop. I'm assuming breeders sell them for around 30/40 to shops? I don't know. If I had known the breeder before I bought these from the shop he sold it to then I could've saved some money. I do know him now and he helps me with looking after them. I guess I haven't and didn't really want to start thinking about money yet. I still have to see if the 5 tadpoles will develop properly. If they do then maybe I'll start thinking of selling to to pay back for the money they costed me and to continue my 20g viv I'm building. I spent more on the vivarium setup than them lol.
Sellers probably get 5-15 from a shop..
Ofcourse, vivs, lights and especialy plants are always (in most cases..) the most expensive.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:21 PM

Really?! Only that? I'd just give it to my nephew! Lol
Old 06-03-2020, 09:24 AM

selling them to other frog enthousiast or on a reptileshow gets you more like the price you had in mind.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijl View Post
selling them to other frog enthousiast or on a reptileshow gets you more like the price you had in mind.
Ahh! Ok then. I'll try do that. Thanks for the advice 👌
Tijl likes this.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:19 PM

Selling to stores is a last resort, for me, at least if the goal is to make money and protect the health of your animals. Selling to fellow hobbyists, whether shipping remotely, advertising locally, or at shows is the best way to get more money and have an influence on how your frogs are kept by their future owners. Stores I trust to take good care of my animals and make sure the their customers do that same are very rare.

Mark
Tijl likes this.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encyclia View Post
Selling to stores is a last resort, for me, at least if the goal is to make money and protect the health of your animals. Selling to fellow hobbyists, whether shipping remotely, advertising locally, or at shows is the best way to get more money and have an influence on how your frogs are kept by their future owners. Stores I trust to take good care of my animals and make sure the their customers do that same are very rare.

Mark

Ye, I was thinking about this. Really don't want my babies to go to someone who have no experience with them, or the very least to have done research and prepared by setting up a bioactive vivarium. Even if I don't make money this is still the criteria I would look for who wants to care for the offsprings. Good point Mark.
Encyclia and Tijl like this.