Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By corbosman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2019, 02:15 PM

Default First time

Hi all, im assuming these are eggs, Ive never seen them in my terrarium before (2-3 years old). These are ranitomeys variabilis southern, yesterday they were super active on that bromeliad and today this is what I saw.

Anything I can/should do to help these along? Or will they be non-starters anyways?

Thanks,

Cor

Encyclia likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2019, 05:43 PM

Default Re: First time

Yes, you have eggs. Congrats. You can leave them in the tank for the frogs to raise or pull them out and do it yourself.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:37 PM

With my fantasticas I put small containers of water on the tank floor and they deposit then there when they are ready. If your lucky they will do that for you and u can raise them yourself. Or you can let the parents do the work. 🐸👍

Old 04-27-2019, 12:18 AM

Congratulations! Pull them, or let the parents raise them themselves.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:38 AM

Nice, I have a male and probable female myself so hoping for results like yours. From what I know they are not the best parents (someone can correct me if i am wrong but I dont believe they are non obligate feeders) and a number of people I've talked to have not had great results letting tadpoles grow in tank.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:41 PM

So just now Im starting to see the tadpoles move. This is pretty cool. I hope they move them to water. I have a pretty large water area that could probably even hold fish, it's just that I dont really want to deal with fish as well (this tank is 6x5x2 feet so it's pretty big).

How long should it take for the parents to move them, or else, at what time should I move them myself? And if so, how does one do that? They're still in the jelly like substance.

The tadpoles are currently in the top right area. about where the 4th mister head if counting from the left, in one of the bromeliads up there.

Old 05-05-2019, 04:21 PM

I always move my eggs to petri dishes and add a couple drops of water. Once they hatch I move them to individual containers with vented lids with a mixture of blackwater extract. Indian Almond Leafs in each are a must as my tadpoles absolutely love them.