Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Breeding, Eggs & Tadpoles
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 02:10 AM

Default first leuc tads...I NEED HELP

hey i had 2 tads. on came out in 9 days and the other came out in 11 days. i mean they came out of the jelly. i put them in there own cups with water. are tads suppose to float or" swim" cuz they sit at the bottom of the cup. its been 2 days now and still no movement from them. i have four more eggs that are developing right now and i would like to raise my tads right. any suggestions.
questions

1) tads that just come out of the jelly, do they swim or sit at the bottom of the water container that you have them in.

2) any suggestions on raising tads from just popping out.

3) how long does it take after they pop out of the jelly for eating, cuz i have the food and stuff.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2007, 02:13 AM

check this out it should cover ALL your questions.

http://www.dendroboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28560
Old 09-14-2007, 02:17 AM

thanks though, but ive read that and its not helping.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuratusKing
thanks though, but ive read that and its not helping.
Not to be rude but im pretty sure that awnsers all your questions, but anyways, I would use Aged tap, thats what I used with my luec tads, I didnt ad anything other than java moss in there containers. The tads might seem a little lazy at first aswell.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:51 AM

im sorry, i asked the wrong questions.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:30 AM

My luec tads are usually pretty still for the first couple of days. I usually wait 3-5 days to feed them once they emerge from the jelly. I bought a system from brians tropicals and built two more like it. I did add a heater to keep the water between 71 and 72 at all times. I originally used aged tap water, however found that bottled spring water works best for me. I also added a light (6500K) over the tad tank on a 12/12 cycle. This helps with algae growth......helps with an additional food source and the water stays clearer. I tend to only add water now to top off evaporation as long as I do not overfeed and cloud the water. I add black water extract, alternate between the tetra and kents every couple of days. I feed a 50/50 algae combination. Tropical fish food. Frozen Mysis shrimp, Brine shrimpm and blood worms...to which I have been adding a liquid fish vitamin prior to feeding. I also feed tad bites. I havent added picts to the gallery yet. If interested pm with email address.

Jason
Old 09-14-2007, 07:40 PM

hey thanks for the water temp. i think my room might be to warm which is making the water warmer. yes i would be interested in those pics.....my email is [email protected]
Old 09-15-2007, 12:32 AM
TWI/ASN

warmer is fine, just don't make it too warm. I also have a tad/ eggs incubator and all the tads are in individual container, on a eggs crate peice. There is 4-5 inches of waterin the incubator, which touches the bottom half inch or so of the tad cups. The water is kept at 78 degrees constantly, because I bought a heater preset to that temp. All of my tads morph out in less than 2 1/2 months, all are big and healthy, and I haven't had a single one come out with SLS. Good luck
Old 09-15-2007, 12:40 AM

hey thanks bryan. yeah its probably my learning time with tads. cuz they were the first tads from my leucs. so hopefully i can raise the other four. thanks again. your advice and suggestions really helped.