Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard > Blogs > Scott
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

1. Old Comment

Old School - subtitled Reunions ; )

While I agree with the High School Hatred Im not sure I'll ever change my mind. While I keep in touch with a couple of people its not a time that did much of anything for me. Honestly a total waste of 4 years.
  2. Old Comment

The Recession

How stupid is that to show up in 3 different private jets?

I think we can say we're in agreement - on one issue at least!

s
  3. Old Comment

The Recession

Ah the auto industry... I was actually impressed with congress calling them out. Since they showed up to beg for billions with no plan, no data, and apparently no brains.

I say let them fail as from everything I have read bankruptcy will be better for them in the long run and a bailout would most likely mean a repeat in less than a year.

They have built the same "crap" for 40 years and with the same business practices... I mean lets keep making the mustang and camaro until we all die... get real. On top of that lets pay people $50 an hour to push a button. I wonder why they are not doing great. 30k cars that are worth about 10k the second you take them off the lot. Sorry but American cars are just junk.
  4. Old Comment

The Recession

I agree Kyle.

Even more so when it comes to the Auto Industry (who had years and years and years to get their sh!t together - and still didn't manage it).

I am just mentioning the owners need to do what they can to stay in place. Nothing regarding any other aspect of owning a home (i.e. - bailout).

s
  5. Old Comment

The Recession

While I agree people should do what they can do hold on to their homes. I am also concerned that we the tax payers are now paying for others lack of responsibility.
  6. Old Comment

I am really ambivalent about this. I know reading the messages on the web site has been, um, interesting.

It's absolutely no more than 50/50 that I'll go to the reunion. I honestly don't think I care that much.

But I care more than I did a month ago, so we'll see what happens.

s
  7. Old Comment

I got your email - can you tell? *grin* Well done!

I've reconnected with a couple high school folks via the Facebook and that's probably enough. For years, I felt the same way you did - I told people the only reason I'd go near my old HS was to call in an air strike. Now, I'm pretty much indifferent - there's a couple people I'd like to see again, but it's not worth wading through all the folks whose names I don't remember lo these many years later. The 'can't remember' is my own fault - like you, I should have concentrated more in college!
  8. Old Comment

Job Update Update (what?!?)

Good to hear Scott, best of luck...
  9. Old Comment

Yes I am ... feels like it much of the time (physically) and not so much some of the time (mentally).

s
  10. Old Comment

i was just @ my high school the other day. i had to get my transcript, checking out the jailbaite was just a plus. it was the first time in 5 years i had been inside my school. so i know how you feal about the reunion, but 30 years! damn scott, you old! ^_^
  11. Old Comment

Job Update Update (what?!?)

I know what you mean about being bored at work. My last contracting job only took about 20% of my day, if that. I was able to use it to study for my certification exams. As I proved myself, I got more responsibilities.

It was hard sticking in there some days - but it paid off in the end. I am now working there full time, wonderful benefits and was hired at a higher rate than I asked.

Good luck!!!!
  12. Old Comment

Current (non frog) frustrations ...

Now I see what you mean by off topic.

Hope things start to look up for you. It is do irritating how companies interview and say I will get back to in on such and such day and then nothing. No email, No phone call not even a letter in the mail saying sorry you did not get it.
  13. Old Comment

Uh, I'm sorry Scott. Times are tough and the possible threat of a Republican in office scares the living **** outta me. Good look on the finding another job.
  14. Old Comment

That sucks about the job Scott. Good luck on the job search.
  15. Old Comment

Scott, Haven't talked to you in a while and didn't realize you had been laid off. I'm so sorry to hear this. Hang in there. Could have used a Cubbie win this season sounds like, but go Sox. I'm a Rays fan but I'll say that for you. .
    Posted 10-08-2008 at 06:15 PM by christina hanson christina hanson is offline