Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Beginner Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 07:25 AM

Default pumilio guarumo

Hi i am new to this site and have been into dart frogs for a while now and i am interested in getting a pair of rio guarumo pumilio just wondering how much does a pair usually go for and does anybody have these
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 AM
TWI/ASN

Default Re: pumilio guarumo

As far as pumilio go, these guys have proven very difficult to breed. I only know a handful of people still working with them and success is low. Do you have any experience with pumilio? I would recommend trying Bastimentos, Cristobals, or El Dorados instead. They are all somewhat similar in appearance and much more available.

Ranitomeya, Oophaga, Ameerega, and Phyllobates.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:19 PM

I have been having success with guarumo and can say they are much tougher to get healthy frogs then with some of the more common locales like cauchero. I am also only selling my offspring to people who already have guarumo to help turn some long term captives into pairs after all this time, so maybe we can get more people having success breeding them. They are personally my favorite locale I keep not because of their color but their boldness they never hide not even when I have my hand in the tank. I wish you luck on your journey to obtain such an awesome frog and they are available from time to time, just have to keep your eyes open

Old 07-12-2012, 08:29 PM

Thank you for all the info. right now i actually have a pair of pumilio almirante two pairs of orange bastis and a pair of cobalts and a group of four orange lamasi i was just wondering if you guys might know how big the guarumos get are they more the size of a basti or are they a smaller pumilio like the escudo also do you know much i would expect to pay if i found a pair of guarumos and decided to try them thank you
Old 07-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Sponsor

They are similar in size to bastis. I have not seen them offered in some time, and are a great pumilio. I would say price is around $400+ for an adult pair.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:52 PM

size wise mine are smaller then my bastis especially my male I have read 18mm is an average adult I would say my male is about 15mm rather tiny. I paid less the 400 for my group I won't put the price because it was an incredible deal and I wouldn't expect you to find them that cheap. From what I have seen in talking with other people that have them they were very female heavy when they came in making setting up pairs rather tough. I do not feel that they are female heavy from my breeding experience so far has produced more males. I think the collectors gravitated more towards females due to their larger more robust size. There are other people having some success that I have talked to and maybe in the future this will be a more commonly available locale. Its a locale where if you really want it and they become available do not hesitate to purchase them immediately.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJuchems View Post
I would say price is around $400+ for an adult pair.
I would have guessed a single juvie would run in thee $175 - $200 range as they have proven to be such a challenge. Couple that with their current sparseness in the hobby, if an adult pair ever hit the classifieds I wouldn't be surprised to see an asking price around the $600 range.