Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Beginner Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2005, 11:02 PM

Default found tadpoles in water this morning

Strange thing this morning when i turned the lights on in the auratus viv i saw the water splash around. come to find out i startled two tads that were in there. i can't figure out how it happened. i've pulled 16 good eggs from there in the last 30 days from 2 different clutches. i still can't figure out how 2 escaped me. i figure either there's a 3rd clutch i missed that was laid somewhere other than under the coco hut or the male transferred the eggs from one of the 2 clutches before i got to them. i know males transfer tads not eggs but i read a post recently about eggs being transferred.

anyhow...nice surprise and glad i found them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2005, 01:27 AM

Some of the tads from one of the clutches might have hatched a bit early. Or maybe there was more than one clutch of eggs in one of the groups. It's most likely that the male transported them as tads.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:14 AM

thing is i took all the eggs within 48 hours of being laid. both cluches were under the hut on a petri dish. so i figure they laid a 3rd clutch in a brom or something or the male took the actual eggs.

Old 07-16-2005, 04:06 AM

I don't think darts will ever move eggs. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Most likely as you have already concluded they laid a clutch outside of the coco hut and you missed it.