No Threads to Display.

facebook

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JamesV
  • 1 Post By Socratic Monologue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2019, 07:58 PM

Default Leucomelas Setup

Any advice on specific things to include when building a 36.18.36 exo for a large group if Leucs? Was planning on doing typical background with cork bark, ghost wood and great stuff with a wide range of plants. Is there anything species specific that would needed for them to thrive/breed?

Thanks!
Socratic Monologue likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2019, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Leucomelas Setup

Breeding in a 'large group' might be challenging, since females are known to eat others' eggs. I think breeding in a 1.1 or 2.1 is best.

Check out the video thread I started recently -- there's a great video of leucs in Venezuela. Note that the habitat is open and leaf-littery.

Breeding often involves modulating misting schedules and humidity, so flexible venting and misting arrangements would help. Plants that tolerate both kinda wet and kinda dry as needed would be good (so, moss or Tillandsia would be challenging at either end of the water spectrum).
JamesV likes this.

- Whitman
Old Today, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Leucomelas Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Breeding in a 'large group' might be challenging, since females are known to eat others' eggs. I think breeding in a 1.1 or 2.1 is best.

Check out the video thread I started recently -- there's a great video of leucs in Venezuela. Note that the habitat is open and leaf-littery.

Breeding often involves modulating misting schedules and humidity, so flexible venting and misting arrangements would help. Plants that tolerate both kinda wet and kinda dry as needed would be good (so, moss or Tillandsia would be challenging at either end of the water spectrum).
thanks Socratic