Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Beginner Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2016, 05:57 PM

Default Humidity / Temperature / Ventilation balance

I would like to know how do you keep balance between these three things in you vivs ... I'm currently working on keeping humidity and temperature stabile in my viv without the use of automatic pieces of equipment, except for monsoon ... it's pretty hard to balance all of the above in my viv because it has no drainage layer so I cannot soak it up, but it has been "alive" for over 8 months now, biologically it's fully functional, no molds, everything in it that dies out like leaves etc., gets decomposed really fast, its has really nice smell, like forest ... the hardest thing was keeping the humidity above 80% while giving enough circulatory air, I had it for 15min every two hours ... few days ago I mounted two more nozzles on monsoon and it has misting cycle every 8hrs for 8 sec and I bought digital timer and programmed it to turn on the ventilation every two hours, I'm still searching for the right amount of air / humidity ... you can see the daily monitoring in the excel attachment here ... Mega File Upload - Vlaga u terariju.xls