Dendroboard banner

Stupid, stupid question regarding sleep

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  elmoisfive 
#1 ·
I know the frogs sleep, but will it stress them out for me to be reading until three or four every night? (College is rough)

It doesn't bother my other nocturnal herps who are perfectly willing to be active, but I've been putting a sheet over their tank just in case.

#2 ·
A lot of people like to cover them up when they are up late. I think it is the right thing to do. I routinely keep lights on in the room an hour or two after their lights out, but if you are talking about 3 or 4 in the morning then a sheet over them would be a good idea.

#5 ·
If the lights in their viv have gone out, most dart frogs will bed down for the night even in the presence of a certain amount of room lighting. So I would not personally worry about putting a cover over the viv. I also notice that my frogs are very attuned to the day/night cycle that they can detect through the small basement windows into the frog room.

Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.