Dendroboard banner

PLEASE HELP-setting up 12x12x18 tank w/water feature..

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  forestexotics 
#1 ·
I have an Exo Terra Glass Terrarium 12"x 12"x 18" and I want to set it up with a nice water feature. This will be my very first tank and I want to keep it simple but yet nice. :wink:

I have been doing a lot of research on the forum. Reading so many opinions, journals about tanks, and advice
(thank you everyone!!) but i still find myself confused..VERY.. (i apologize for this) :?

I would like to have a nice waterfall that leads into a small pond, but I do not know where to start. :oops:

I did buy an egg crate from Lowe’s for about $11 and some pvc pipe I believe for $0.26cents a pipe. Whats the next step and what would be an easy way to set up a waterfall w/pond?

If someone can point in the right direction or better yet give me advice that would be even better!! Please help!

(ps. i'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or someone else has posted this same ?)

#2 ·
i see no one has replied yet. I will do my best to explain.
ok, i have never done a waterfeature in an exo terra, i always use horizantals.
but here goes... mostly pics..

this is a pond, i use Great stuff and then stick screen into wet gs at bottom of pond

silicone to stick coco fiber

after coco fiber

here you can see the pvc cut to size underneath the eggcrate. I have an irrigation tube in the back to hide the water pump and the tubing leading to the point where the water will flow out. (at the top of the wood at the right top corner

veiw inside the irrigation tube. you can get a 10" peice at HD for like 4bucks. You can see the pump and the clear tubing running up the irrigation tube.

eggcrate covered in screen. Background covered in GS that holds the wood in place and hides the irrigation tube and the pump.

after applying dried sheet moss with silicone. As you can see it is green but shortly turns brown/yellow. I havent had any problems with molding, but i do prefer using coco-fiber. I now silicone the inside bottoms of all my tanks so you cant see the false bottom. Hope this helps....Sara

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.