Go Back   Dendroboard > Dart Frogs > Beginner Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2006, 01:39 PM

Default What can I add. . . .

Hi! I am new to this site and have found it a wealth of information already. My husband created me a 85 gallon octogonal viv about 4 months ago. He recently bought me a red eyed tree frog to put in it, and he seems to be thriving very well. What if anything can I mix with it to ensure that it all co-habitates well together? Any ideas? I am asking now, before I make any mistakes. . . . Thanks in advance for the advice. Oh, and if you only have info about Darts then let me know that also, and I can remove myself from this page. . . . . . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2006, 04:27 PM

I think you will find better results in the other amphibians section, but my first post was accidentially in the classifieds section, so don't feel bad

I wouldn't trust the red eye with any darts, it would probably eat them. I don't know about geckos, but why don't you find him another red eye friend?
Old 12-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Here is a good place to start:
http://www.dendroboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16075

Basically mixing is frowned upon by the hobby due to the stress it can put on the animals. There is a write within the link above, and a number of topics on it here.

Welcome to the site!

Old 12-28-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Thanks. . . .

Thanks for the replys. Guess "John Bob" it will be getting another red eyed tree frog then for a viv mate. . . . . . . .
The one I currently have is about 2" long, how many would you say would be safe is it 1 frog per 5 gallons across the board? And should I go with the 2 males to female ratio that seems pretty consistant? I would like to if I can, have about 6-8 frogs eventually if I can only have the one species, but if that will create stress in the viv then I will only do 2. Thanks again for the info.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:46 PM

An 85 gal. octagon!....if it's set up right with plenty of sturdy lrg leaved plants and cover you should be able to put a nice group of 4-6 adult red eyes in there. And if you play your cards right you should get plenty of breeding activity out of them.