Dendroboard banner

Temp Question

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Rain_Frog 
#1 ·
Just a quick Q regarding Temp,

I know that most PDF's should tolerate 65 degrees, but does dropping down to the low temps cause stress? How often have you had temp dips w/o noticing an effect on your frogs?

Thanks!

~Justin

#3 ·
My temps in the late fall and winter months (November through March) usually dip down in the night time to around 65-67 degrees F. I've not noticed any ill effects. If your worried about low temps at night you can get an UTH (Under Tank Heater) for your viv. By using that you ca use it in the winter months and unplug it in the summer months. Exo Terra makes a Rain Forest UTH model and Zoo Med makes a standard reptile UTH model as well.

#8 ·
It currently doesnt have any frogs in it, but I have a tank in a room that regularly gets into the low 50s, however, i have a heater that is usually used in fish aquariums placed under the eggcrate underwater. This keeps the tank at a toasty 70 degrees. It also has a waterfall that flows over a big rock which helps get the heat out into the tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.