Dendroboard - View Single Post - Looking for ideas for setting up a green legged lamasi tank.
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 04:30 PM

Got this in b/f Bill had a chance sorry.

Mine are in a completely different set up so I thought this might help.

they are in a 20H vert. 4 broms, some broad leaf ferns, peperomia..multiple shelfs of wood in a foam/coco back ground.

They spend 90% of time in a sigle brom on the floor. The tank has a pond in the first 2-3 inchs of the front (entire 'length' of the vert position) and they are in the water often.

They breed 50:50 in the brom or film containers, horiz, no water.

If you want to see them (they are shy) you may want to skip the broms.

I bet more than one DBer keeps them in flooded tanks. and I bet they would do well that way or 50% water bottoms, ect. They do use the height of the 20 vert but only in the morning hours....not as much glass walking as imis/intermedius do..very little poo on the glass :-)

remember they are notoriously shy and I find, very fast..open lids with caution.

Misting is a must for breeding...if I forget for a few days or week (tank is sealed no vents), and burst them with 2-3x/day misting on a weekend....eggs that night for sure..

Tads are huge! and very nice to look at.

Shawn