Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 05:20 AM

Default Tadpole transport duration

Hello there,

Today I came back from class, looked at my frogs, and was startled to see my male Green legged Panguana transporting a tad around! I knew that they'd laid eggs in a variety of places, but I didn't know any of them had been so developed. Anyway, it was quite a pleasant surprise to come home to.

Now, fast-forward to 10 hours later. He's still hopping around with the tadpole stuck on his back. I was just wondering if this was at all a regular amount of time for him to carry it. He is acting normal, and even spent some time calling and trying to get the female's attention. It just seems to me like he should have deposited it somewhere by now. The tank has a brom that holds a good amount of water, and four film cannisters tilted at various vertical angles that all contain water, any of which seemingly should make suitable deposition sites. Is there anything I should be doing differently or that I should know in this situation, or is this how long it normally takes this process to happen?

Thanks much!