facebook

Thread: Opportunity
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypostatic View Post
You know, I have another suggestion:

I know that this is a "dart frog" forum, but it often draws in people who are interested in things that are related, such as vivarium and paludarium building, orchids and plants, and keeping of animals similar to dart frogs like fish and tree frogs...

... I think it would be a good idea to add a ""Vampire Crab" subforum to the site. Their care seems to be identical to common dart frogs, and there's already an interest on the forum for these guys. In fact, there seems to be scant information about these guys on the internet, and I feel like DB has the most information out of anywhere on the net about these guys. So why not give them their own little space?
I wouldn't mind seeing the subforums like mantella brought more to the forefront...Seems like those areas kinda died when they got reduced to sub, sub forums under "other amphibians"

I also wouldn't mind seeing a gecko/anolis, or just an "other vivarium inhabitants" section. A vampire crab and/or fish section would be fine with me too.

This started as a dart frog forum, and that is still the main focus but it is also one of the best, if not the best forums for general vivarium, terrarium, paludarium creation info and keeping other species. I think we need to let it evolve more in that direction and not hold it back perhaps as much as it has been in the past...but still keep the core Dart frog stuff as the main focus.

I would like to see a less restrictive feedback system, similar to Faunaclassifieds BOI. I would also like to see admins/mods throw their weight around a bit like they have in the past when bad deals go down on DB....We need to protect our members and make sure that bad business practices are not tolerated here.

I do not want to see any form of paid memberships for most members or even the average guy selling some frogs and plants. I think that will alienate most of us senior members and render this a forum for transient noobs that come and go and basically just water the place down. The senior/experienced members...especially ones that still bother to address nooby questions, or answer the same questions over and over and/or bring new techniques/products to the attention of the community are the life blood of a forum like this IMO.

I would also like to see Lounge and even Thunderdome posts show up in searches, or new threads since last visit sections. It is annoying that I have to check those sections manually...

I always forget about them, and sometimes people have to PM to let me know there is a post about me, or relevant to me. No part of the forum should be easy to forget, or kinda hidden away IMO...Kinda defeats the purpose of a forum. If I have to put the password in when I do access thunderdome threads listed on the CP that is fine...I'd just like them and lounge and any others to show up at least.

I would like to see a few more stickies of useful threads and info....We don't want the first 10 posts in every section to be stickies, but I think we have room for a few more useful ones, or some updates to current ones.

Oh and if there are any paid positions, I could use the extra income

Last edited by Dendro Dave; 06-19-2013 at 08:26 PM.