Dendroboard - View Single Post - P. Terribilis adult size?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 05:42 PM

Default Re: P. Terribilis adult size?

My Mints are huge, and like some said, they're very vascular and robust. I've noticed when that in colonies the lesser males will be smaller, and females intimidate the other females to death. After 3+ years these frogs get pretty mean outside of breeding pairs. Juveniles just need to be fed, fed, fed and soon enough the best or more aggressive specimens will push the others out at maturity. I've never been able to get groups to live together for more than a 2 years as adults. By the time I pulled my last distressed Mint out, he looked like a juvenile compared to the others. FTR, he's in his own tank, and getting back his size.

My Female calls that is 10 years old. Shes huge! If the males call around her, she jumps on them, shuts them up, and finally pushes them out. I've been keeping Mints for 18 years, and that was a behavior that took me years to figure out what was happening. She'll accept juveniles, but when they reach maturity, they gotta go. Her current mate could care less who lives in there. I have recently added a pair of Gold Dust Day Geckos to the tank for added life.