Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:13 AM

Default Re: 18" Cube Demo Build

Build Stage 4

We're now nearing the end! I say nearing even though there will not be another stage of building after this one since the display will always be a work in progress. The plants added now will need to grow in, new plants may be added, and some of these plants may be removed. Time will tell.

Nearly all of the orchids present are Lepanthes species, with some miniature ferns and a Pleurothallis making up the rest. The Hygrolon is dotted with a smattering of processed moss. It's not actually the moss mix offered on the Folius website, but a blend of live moss species that I had been growing. The main stump will definitely become crowded over time and some of the orchids will need to be moved. Watching this tank grow-in until then should be quite interesting!

I hope this demo helped inspire more builds using Hygrolon products or answered any technical questions regarding their application. Check back on this thread as it will continue to be updated with photos as the vivarium matures!