Dendroboard - View Single Post - how to make Mantella betsileo more bold?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 01:30 AM

Default how to make Mantella betsileo more bold?

hello everyone,

I happend to get a Mantella betsileo from local pet store several weeks ago.

It was the only survivor that all his/her companies was dead for lack of water by inattention of the provider.

I took it home and raised it in a small box (about 20 x 15cm) with a small pool of water and many fallen leaves for cover, and spray everyday.

Then i found it is too shy to get out form its cover.

In the holiday time, i frequently watched its box in distance, and never found it go out.

When I check its state every two days, sometimes i found it has moved below to another leaf but sometimes not.

It seems always in sleeping.

I've learnt form internet that Mantella betsileo is NOT a bold frog but I didn't image how.

It confused me a lot, I don't know whether it eat or not, and I don't know how long will it take before the forg is willing to go out.

The box is set below my windowsill, 1-2 hours direct sunlight every morning (i've tried to put it in shadow)

Temperature is 18-25℃ in daytime and about 16 in nighttime, spray in morning and everning.

I put some fruitfly inside but the air crack of the box is big enough for them to escape, so I cann't count the number.

Do any of you have some suggestion on how can I do to make it more bold? Is the cover too much for it?

PS, I thought maybe it is wild caughted.

1122.JPG