Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 10:41 PM

Default Favorite Functional Bromeliads for Oophaga

Hey All,

The title says it all, what is your go to bromeliads when you set up a oophaga vivarium?
The purpose of this thread is to provide lists of suitable bromeliads from experienced oophaga breeders to beginners or those that want to try out something new.

Breeders like certain bromeliads for all sorts of reasons, not just color (ex. depth of pitchers, no thorns, species, etc.), so provide a brief blurb about why you like them. Pictures can be included if you want.

Although I am not an experienced oophaga breeder, I will start. I prefer Neoroglia, so here are my favorites thus far:

-N. Midnight- BIG, deep pitchers and lots of them, it is a beautiful deep purple, no thorns.
-N. Whinnie the Pooh- big but not too big, great name , deep pitchers, minimal thorns.
-N. Prairie Fire- Lots of pitchers that hold a good amount of water, minimal thorns. Great for smaller sized pumilio in my opinion (ex. Escudo, Solarte, Popa).
-N. Brandy Wine- Deep putchers, no thorns, good color.
-N. Blueberry Muffin- Deep pitchers, amazing color, no thorns.

Thats a start! Share away!

Jared