Dendroboard - View Single Post - Classroom vivarium - can you help?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acanthaster View Post
At this point, I think that all we need is a few more bromiliads and maybe a coco-hut or two. If anyone has some spares, give me a shout

P.S. - The 7th grade science teacher is leaning toward a snake for her tank and is curious if anyone has a recommendation for a good, safe species for this kind of enclosure, if there are any. Thoughts?
I have spare coco huts, as well as a bucket of cork pieces if you need some. What are you doing about fruitflies?

(Regarding snakes, I would recommend snakes that are active diurnally, or at least not hiding during class hours, and tolerant of a wide change in conditions. I'd look into corn snakes or one of the forms of mountain king snakes that are more active during the day. Garter snakes as a second choice, I'd stay away from green snakes as a classroom pet unless the teacher has some experience. I can get a 55 gallon tank if you want it. Pm me if you're interested or want more info)

Last edited by jacobi; 03-10-2013 at 01:36 AM.