Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 01:59 AM
TWI/ASN

Default Re: Glass Frog success

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates, it's been a hectic couple months. I would say I have anywhere from 20-40 tadpoles currently. The majority of them are housed in a 10 gallon tank that is 3/4 full of water. It has a turface substrate, and some larger smooth rocks for algae growth and feeding. There is dense floating growth of Najas guadalupensis (naja or guppy grass), as well as some duckweed and java moss in the tank. I also have a spong filter in place but barely run it as the plants have been keeping the water quite clean. The reason I am so unsure of the actual number of tadpoles in the tank is that they are quite small (thumb nail tad size with a longer tail) and are quite pail/colorless/patternless. They spend the majority of their time rooting around in the substrate and will also burrow under the rocks. These things make it very difficult for any kind of census on the tank but when I look in I usually see a good handful actively swimming or grazing on algae on the tank walls and if I look closely I see quite a lot in the substrate. I also have two that I have been keeping on my desk in a large mason jar also with some Naja grass. I have been doing 1/3 water changes with RO water about once a week and feeding them mostly veggie based flake food. I will post some pictures of the tank and tadpoles in a few days when I get my camera back.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ghettopieninja For This Useful Post:
Baltimore Bryan (12-14-2012), Derek Benson (12-15-2012), frogparty (01-14-2013), Jordan77 (12-15-2012), khoff (12-14-2012), Peter Keane (12-15-2012), velvety14u (12-14-2012)