Dendroboard - View Single Post - Rambala vs. Guarumo identifying?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:08 PM

Default Re: SNDF-Pumilio pairs available

I wouldn't necessarily agree that it isn't a fair comparison as the same thing can happen in all types of flora and fauna, island vs. mainland etc. This issue is by no means unique to frogs.

Again, I feel it is important that, if a name is to be used, it should be accurate. With your comments and maps, you in fact go a long way towards providing the kind of information that is needed to identify, define, and differentiate these issues. Obviously, DNA rules the roost here.

The frogs in the photo most likely aren't both-they are either one or the other. I think there is also a good chance Adam is right and they, are in fact, all the same frog morph. I agree with your assessment that, by organizing and identifying frogs to a very specific GPS location, you will at least ensure that you are dealing with the same populations (if that is what you want to do) in the future for breeding or otherwise. Regardless of their name!

Cliff