Dendroboard - View Single Post - Rambala vs. Guarumo identifying?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:38 PM
TWI/ASN

Default Re: SNDF-Pumilio pairs available

Quote:
Originally Posted by motydesign View Post
with that being said, from your own site these could be guabo
Not really, those are much duller with a different pattern...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurel View Post
Hey Adam

This link shows Rambala like those that SNDF have posted.....
Interspecific and intraspecific views of color signals in the strawberry poison frog Dendrobates pumilio
Thanks, that is a reliable source. Chances are, these 2 populations are very close to each other and some people call them Rambala and some call them Guarumo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motydesign View Post
Cliff, comparing these morphs to plants isnt a fair comparison. If you have ever been to these frog's habitat you will find that some of these mainland morph roll over areas and are not as easily defined as the island morphs. Rambala vs Guarumo is A and B respectively (this is also subjective to what you call the area, and once again we fall back to GPS data needed for imports...thatll never happen)
2012 Rambala is the right name, this also insures these are not to be bred with old line guarumos.
Nice job with the map. It really says to me exactly what I said above though, I'm sure these are the same frogs with different names. Those 2 locations are pretty close to each other. Too bad it's just another thing we will never know for sure.

Ranitomeya, Oophaga, Ameerega, and Phyllobates.