Dendroboard - View Single Post - Rambala vs. Guarumo identifying?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:34 PM

Default Re: SNDF-Pumilio pairs available

First and foremost, let me say that the only thing I know for sure is that these frogs are beautiful!

I do not think accepting the nomenclature of the frog as stated by the importer is the proper way to address this issue. Maintaining factual information pertaining to the lineage of the plant/animal used in breeding is hugely important to many, and rightly so. No one has a problem with a dog that is a ' mutt' vs. an AKC accepted breed, but misidentify or imply that one is the other, and problems develop.

In my business (landscape) it is unbelievable how many professional nurseries put out misinformation regarding,or wrongly identifying, species and cultivars, etc. There are sources of information that we do have, however, that cut through all of this and become our 'bibles', and are widely regarded in the industry as being such.

As this color morph has obviously been identified as two different types of pumilio in the literature, and therefore, most likely is misidentified in at least two places, which source carries the most merit? What is the 'bible'? I am not the one to judge that, but others here are certainly qualified to do so.

I will leave to others to decide which to use but, in my opinion, if a name is to be used, it damn well better be the right one. For me, for now, 'beautiful' will suffice.

Cliff