Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: Marcgravia
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Marcgravia

I don't think I am the only person with it but more accurately the only person that has admitted to having it. I know at least one other person who has told me he has it here in the states. I was lucky enough to make a deal with a friend in Germany to purchase one plant plus a M. Umbellata and a really cool Bornean Ficus, bare root them and send them to me. I should state I have an import permit. The plants were lost in the mail for two weeks. The Ficus was toast, and both Marcgravias looked bad. I managed to save a couple pieces of each Marcgravia and they are growing but not very fast. One plant has seven new leaves and the other a little more. I keep hoping that they will start to really take off but so far it has been slow. The new growth goes through different colors and my two pieces are in two different tanks under two different lights so even though it is the same clone, the one under better lighting is a deeper color and I the other a very faded color which makes me think I need too change the bulbs in that fixture. I hope that I will have enough someday for anyone interested, and hope that there are a few more people out there that do have it.
Jim