No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 12:41 AM
TWI/ASN

Default Re: Gold Dust Basti's

Quote:
Originally Posted by phender View Post
You cut my first quote in half, so I don't know what you are saying "True enough" to.
Yea, sorry about that, when I noticed, it was too late to edit. I was agreeing with the notion that if it's not a Salt Creek or RFB, it's Cemetery being wrong.

Quote:
I am not trying to be argumentative. I have never been to Panama. From what I understand, Justin feels that most of the frogs on Bastimentos are red/orange with black spots and white bellies. Within that general population there are at least 3 isolated populations (Cemetery, RFB and Salt Creek). In other words, if you are on Bastimentos but not at one of the above locations, you would still find pumilio and they would all look like generic "red" bastis with a variety of sizes and number of black spots.
Do you agree with what I think Justin said, or is your experience that if it is not RFB or Salt Creek then it has to Cemetery?
Justin's being silly because I know he knows there's more to Bastimentos than that (I've been to some of the odd populations with him). This frog also comes from Bastimentos (and if I didn't tell you that, I would bet you'd say it's a Solarte; and I bet you'd be even more surprised to learn that it's actually pretty far from Solarte):

While I have not been to the much of the island, I generally think that you see a gradient from west to east where you get polymorphism with spots, then red with small spots, then red without spots. I feel like, after seen these different populations, I could 9 times out of 10 pick out the Cemetery population.

Oophaga pumilio Researcher - 1 New Morph So Far

http://monarchzman.deviantart.com/gallery/