I've got a very strange problem in a viv that I never got a chance to put any frogs in. I made it late last summer, using an Exo Terra 36x18x18, but made several mistakes that have forced me to redo it completely. One of those mistakes was taking the advice of an article that suggested using a substrate mixture that contained a lot of coco fiber and peat moss, which I've since found out holds too much moisture. In the last few months, some of the plants (including the Pothos) have had leaves turning yellow and dying, so I've clearly screwed up. I also used a ton of gravel, rather than hydroton, and the tank has sprung a small leak, which is the last straw for having to get a new one and start over again.
Anyway, the odd problem is that there seem to be these droplets of slime that, at first glance, look like water droplets, but they aren't. I've included two pics -- one with the flash on, and one with it off. The two main areas it was collected is the moss and on the driftwood. Someone had suggested that it was "slime mold" that could be controlled by seeding the tank with springtails, but the substrate I made the mistake of using failed to support them, and they didn't take.
So, as I was breaking the tank down last night in preparation of making a new one (with hydroton, and the variant of ABG mix sold by New England Herp), I decided that I want to wash off and reuse some driftwood and plants from the old tank (which, again, never had frogs in it). But I'm once again looking to be sure that this slime isn't anything harmful that could be transferred to the new tank.