No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 03:45 AM

Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,795 Posts
Default Re: Mantellas in general

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLisborg View Post
I have a group of crocea, they are on a very long break because the females were laying weekly and needed to get some fat built up. These are Devins line, maybe 5 years old now, just around 5, from Doug. Doug do you still have the others from the group? I sold some of the offspring from my group locally but do not know where they went. There was pretty high froglet mortality in the latter clutches. The parents were supplemented with rep-cal, herptivite, repashy CP, and retinyl palmitate vit. A once a month but it didn't seem to help. The tads I tried a mix of about 3 different fish foods,spirolina, algae wafers, cyclopeez, tad bites, and water bears. The problems always occurred at metamorphosis and a lot of the froglets just wasted away. I did water tests for ammonia, nitrites, pH, but could not find a reason for the high mortality in later clutches. The water where I live is pretty good so don't think it was that but who knows. I've been keeping the parents really dry because I do not have time for the tadpoles now but I'm hoping that when I start misting again the froglets will fare a bit better.
Emily,

Did you see any bloating in the tadpoles or the metamorphs? Tardigrades, you fed them tardigrades?

Ed