Dendroboard - View Single Post - 6ft./150 gal first time Palu build...
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 03:50 AM

Default Re: 6ft./150 gal first time Palu build...

Thank you so much for your posts and thoughts. Hopefully I can make a tiny bit of progress made each morning before getting called into work.

I'm still a little uncertain on how I'm going to seal the pond wall to the front glass. I have the 2 big pieces of flat slate that I was planning on trying to silicone into place and then silicone the divider/wall to the slate. Then after using the black Great Stuff for ponds, I thought that might make a better seal, but look kinda crappy. Another option was to say to hell with how the seal looks and just cover it up on the outside with black contact paper. Any suggestions on how to get a good seal and it still look decent would be great!

I'm about to do some reading before going to bed, but I'd also gladly take any advice about potential inhabitants for this beginner. The first thing we saw at the store before starting this project was a tank with firebelly toads and newts that we liked. I also like the idea of frogs with green anoles. Any particular frogs that would live well with anoles? Or avoid that completely? As for tree frogs, I like the RETF's. Then, finally, I like darts. What would be manageable for a rookie to take care of and add a lot of life and activity to the tank?