Dendroboard - View Single Post - 6ft./150 gal first time Palu build...
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM
TWI/ASN

Default Re: 6ft./150 gal first time Palu build...

Chris, that's one of the many wonderful things about this forum. With so many individuals and so many minds someone is bound to thing of something that never crossed your mind. It may just be something really helpful.

Like I said I'm not 100% sure about the pool liner, but better safe than sorry.
So I'm assuming you're within driving distance of Chicago to come up for Frog Day 2012. Even if you don't get the viv finished, it would still be a wonderful experience to some and meet people and look at the frogs. Don't fret there are ALWAYS frogs available. If you do purchase some and the viv isn't finished you could always buy a rubbermaid type container to house them temporarily. Most people give their vivs at least a few weeks to a few months to let the plants become established, let microfauna colonize etc. before adding their frogs. Not saying it can't be done quicker, it's just this has sort of become a best practice.

Your viv is coming along nicely and it will be done it no time, though never as quickly as we would like. I've been working on a couple new one for a few weeks myself. I wish they would finish themselves lol.

I'm glad you have the support of your wife, that's important. If she was hesitant at first I bet she'll end up loving the frogs and will spend hours watching them and telling you all about what they're up to. I've seen that happen more than a few times.