QUESTIONS! Amazon Milk Frogs.
I plan on getting 2-3 of these amazing frogs in the near future (spring),but before I do I want to make sure i have all of my bases covered, so that i can provide the best and most suitable options for my frogs and thier environment/setup. Here are the questions.....PLEASE read very throughly so you can provide me with the best advice/oppinions possible!
1. Best size tank (exo-terra or zoomed) for 2-3 milk frogs?
2. I will be using a FULL H2O bottom (3-4 in. deep) with a moss ball, aquatic heater, a few aquatic plants (fake),and a filter (maybe ZooMed 501 turtle filter). From there, I will be adding a full decorative "hollow tree trunk piece (large)" with "roots"....and then adding a couple different kinds of vines and things of that nature. Do you think that this is a good option for a Milk Frog setup, and if not- how would you do it?
3. FILTER- Would the above option be good, or would you suggest a better filter (in that price range)?
4. VENTILATION- I have had problems in the past with misting in gecko setups and also with 1 frog setup when it comes to bacteria growth/mold. I have found that more ventilation waneeded in all cases and am very"weary" of blocking off ventilation for the purpose of holding humidity. Joshsfrogs.com says that you should block off 80% ventilation also, and this concerns me a bit......so what can I do or what SHOULD I do to prevent mold an/or bacteria growth in an aquatic setup WITHOUT having to mess with humidity levels? Note: There will be no misting done, unless suggested due to the aquatic nature of the setup.
5. Good background (concider that the setup is partially submerged)?
Here is a picture of what I had in mind (example) as a start for my enclosure: