Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Dendroboard Vivarium Contest

I'm open to this option but it may turn some people away as there are some people wit established tanks that are amazing.

So the change would be can be an established tank but must be a current picture with proof of your name in the picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMM View Post
Just throwing this out there, but I think the best contest to take a template from is the yearly AGA Aquascaping contest ( 2011 AGA Aquascaping Contest ) Not only do they allow tanks of any age/size, but they let the same tanks be submitted again if they have grown in better since the previous year. Obviously they have way more entrants and can make seperate size categories, but maybe down the road we can do the same. All they require is at least one main frontal picture, and some additional tank info.

The quality of their contests and submissions definitely make me want to start aquascaping, or at the very least make a paludarium to submit for next year. Whos to say a dendroboard contest wont increase our hobby's popularity by drawing in similar hobbyists?