Dendroboard - View Single Post - Designing a Vivarium Controller: What features/price do YOU want?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 02:53 AM

An important feature imo would be expandibility. The ability to increase features through module upgrades would be absolutely paramount for the keeper to make the transition to hobbiest to even breeder. One controller per viv would ultimately drive me away as a consumer, but if you had some sort of expansion module that would allow a link to the inital controller, at a fraction of the controller cost,that would be worth some consideration.

As for pc connectivity, I see great advantages to remote accessibility/connectivity. I currently utilize an automation system intended for commercial manufacturing and I can access it via internet through a java web page. I imagine if you were so inclined to produce a phone app where you can check all of your data in real time, it might ease some minds while vacationing, herp keepers and cham keepers alike and add that "piece of mind" value to your product.

PM me if you would like additional input/ideas, I have some backround in electrical engineering.

Thanks
TN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk