Dendroboard - View Single Post - Designing a Vivarium Controller: What features/price do YOU want?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Designing a Vivarium Controller: What features/price do YOU want?

pwm controll for dimming would be essential. also would need alot more than 4 controlled outlets. i would consider 8 to be a bare minimum. that is what my digital aquatics one has. i feel temp sensor and humidistat to be vital. needs to handle about 2000 watts to handle my lighting on my big tank. would also like to control mister and fogger depending on humidity and controll over exhaust and circ fans would be good. just as a heads up my viv now is using 11 outlets and im sure that number will go up over time. i was considering a herp keeper but they are from digital aquatics and i havent been thrilled with my reefkeeper over the years which is why i now have a neptune apex for my new reef to come. hope you get going on this it would be nice to have more entries in the market.