Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 08:22 PM

Default La Dee Da. Planning a 35g Orchid Viv

I have a better, but rough build in mind so I'm going to need advice.

Based on Dartmouth drip wall, here

I want to take cork bark and silicone the back three sides of the tank and fill in the empty areas with long fiber sphagnum moss, leaving the front viewable from three angles.

I wasn't planning on doing a drip wall however, only because plumbing and I do not belong in the same sentence. I was mulling this over the other day and I think with a Mist King plus a computer fan would be the best route. I'm just not sure where I should mount the fan; maybe the top of the glass hood?

I was planning on running the computer fan on a timer, like the lights.

As for lighting, I'll probably use T5HOs but LEDs would look mighty sweet instead! It's one or the other, and I need some help deciding between the two. Hehe

Beyond this rough layout, I'm a beginner with orchids so if anyone could spare some time and offer hardy, tropical orchids, I would be grateful.

I think Vandas are really neat! But would one outgrow the hex? I like to mount one with all there root structures.

Thanks for reading.