Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 10:03 PM

Default Re: A New Way to Grow Terrarium Plants

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
Again, thanks for your interest everybody I do appreciate the ideas and let's try to keep the discussion here with a congenial tone.

This is a very simple, boneheaded concept. I hope that people will find it to be useful but for anybody who might use it will probably require some learning and experimentation to keep the plants happy and to make a convincing visual display.

The void area beneath the false bottom is actually pretty visually distracting. I recommend painting the enclosure glass on the outside to cover that area. For the side you can either paint the whole panel with black paint or just that bottom 3-6" of glass. I have an idea to custom-fabricate a nice finished plastic or thin plywood panel to cover the void in the front. This would be a good spot for the logo . You could also just paint over that front area of glass too.
or use contact paper
I used spray paint on mine not thinking about this but next time I will use contact paper lol