Dendroboard - View Single Post - Parents... ugh!
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: Parents... ugh!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 10:14 PM

Bluedart-

I have 2 kids myself, and can only hope that I remeber being 16 when they come to that age, which it sounds like your parents do not maybe. I hate to ASSume though. All I can say is that at 36, I have a LOT more stress on me as the sole breadwinner for my family. I feel like the weight of the world is on me. My children depend on me for shelter, safety, etc., and until you are a parent, you cannot imagine the stress that causes. That said, I can say the despite the fun I had as a teenager, nothing is harder IMO than being a teenager. It's hard to see from your perspective I'm sure, but it does get better. In the mean time, learn from your parents mistakes, and though IMO your mom is wrong in your scenario, try to cut them some slack too. Don't withdrawl from them.

The fact that you are so aware of what's going on inside you, and the fact that you are willing to share speaks very well for you. I wish you all the luck in the world, and you will be in my thoughts. If nothing else, I'll try to be a better parent tonight.

Good luck, and hang in there. It DOES get easier!

Sledder